23rd February 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

What field we need to apply for in Graduation to take up Civil Services job?

Please tell me what field i should opt for graduation for civil services?????i am confused for my bachelor's degree and I need the proper guidance now to move forward with my decision. So, let me know which course will be the better one to take in graduation for doing the civil services job? Awaiting for a quick reply. Thanks.

26th February 2015, 12:52 AM
smithapriya

Default Re: What field we need to apply for in Graduation to take up Civil Services job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please tell me what field i should opt for graduation for civil services?????i am confused for my bachelor's degree and I need the proper guidance now to move forward with my decision. So, let me know which course will be the better one to take in graduation for doing the civil services job? Awaiting for a quick reply. Thanks.
To take up a civil service job you can do degree in any stream as there is no restriction to a particular field.
The basic eligibility for writing civil service exam is that candidates have to complete graduation in any degree from a recognized university. The age limit should be 21-32 years.
The selection will be based on the preliminary exam, main exam and the interview.
Generally, one should focus on aptitude, general awareness, logical andcritical thinking and English reasoning to qualify in civil service exam.
15th April 2015, 12:08 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What field we need to apply for in Graduation to take up Civil Services job?

You can opt for any stream of your interest in your graduation because the educational eligibility to apply for the civil services exam is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Some other criteria to apply for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have citizenship of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
16th April 2015, 12:56 AM
amanshrivastava98

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?