22nd August 2016, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to pursue MBBS after 12th?

Hi there, I am a ICSE student I just passed class 10 with good marks. If I want to do MBBS after taking PCB in 11th and 12th then what should I do right after completion of class 12th?

22nd August 2016, 11:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to pursue MBBS after 12th?

After completion of 12th you have to qualify in entrance examination such as NEET, AIIMS for admission in MBBS course in government or private institution.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB with minimum 50% and age limit is 17-25 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The minimum required aggregate in PCB to appear for AIIMS entrance examination is 60%.

So, you need to prepare for entrance examination as according to syllabus for qualifying in entrance examination. For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
22nd August 2016, 11:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You will have to clear entrance examination conducted for admission in MBBS course. The name of entrance examination is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is the only entrance examination conducted at all India level for admission in MBBS course.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

1. Minimum of 10+2 from a recognized board with PCB subjects and minimum percentage of marks required for admission is 50% in board exams.

2. The age limit is 17-25 years on 31st December of year of examination.

You should start your preparation along with board exam studies. NEET is a competitive exam and requires hard labour in studies to crack this exam.

Aakash Institute, Allen Institute etc are good institute for preparation of NEET exam.
23rd August 2016, 01:09 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year duration course from any recognised university after 10+2.

The admission in course is offered after qualifying in NEET examination which is common examination for admission in all the institutions after 10+2.

So, if you want to get admission in MBBS course, you can start preparation for examination. To get syllabus for examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?