17th August 2015, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

What should I pursue in Higher Secondary to study BDS being a 10th student?

Hello Everyone,
I am 10th passed and I want to do BDS in future. I would like to know what I should study now in Higher Secondary so that I can study BDS course after that?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study in Higher Secondary to pursue B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) being a 10th NIOS student?
  2. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
  3. Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  4. What is the scope of Science to study in Higher Secondary for 10th student?
  5. Entrance exam to study Higher Secondary in Abroad for 10th GSEB student?
  6. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  7. Is it difficult to get admission to study Higher Secondary in India for a candidate who has completed 10th in Canada? Requirements for admission?
  8. What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in a Military School after completing 10th CBSE?
  10. Subjects combination in Higher Secondary for a candidate who want to study Biology?
  11. Is there any scholarship for Higher Secondary?
  12. Should I have to appear in IELTS to study Higher Secondary in Australia?
  13. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and GSEB to pursue Higher Secondary if want to study B.Tech in Gujarat?
  14. Subjects enlisted in IGCSE Higher Secondary Science for 10th ICSE student?
  15. Possibility to study MBBS for 12th NIOS student?
  16. Which is better to study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course for a candidate who has secured 87% in 10th?
  17. Doing BDS presently : Any chance to pursue higher studies in Europe? Any job opportunities for a BDS passed student in Europe?
  18. What should I study in Higher Secondary if expecting 80% to 85% in 10th Board exam?
23rd August 2015, 09:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I pursue in Higher Secondary to study BDS being a 10th student?

You have to take Physics, Chemistry and Biology in your 10 2 if you are interested in doing BDS. You have to apply for medical and dental entrance exam for getting admission in any dental college.

Hence, apply for admission in a good school with this stream and start preparing for your medical entrance exam.
24th August 2015, 06:41 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I pursue in Higher Secondary to study BDS being a 10th student?

The eligibility criteria for BDS is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 at least with Biology as a main subject.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for BDS.
25th August 2015, 02:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should go for Science stream in your 11th class, as it is the minimum required qualification to be able to sit for BDS examination. However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the same, kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for Appearing for BDS Exams:

> Candidates who seek to apply for the BDS course must be above 17 years and less than 25 years.

> Candidates must have finished their class 12 with a background in science from any recognized University.

> Candidates must have attained a minimum of 50 percent in the final exams; relaxation is given to SC/ST students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?