14th January 2017, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Why private banks not considering my distance mode bachelor degree?

Hello Sir, my name is Shivansh Bajpai. I have completed my bachelor degree from distance education. Earlier, I have applied for private bank, but they said I am not eligible to apply.
Please reply.

14th January 2017, 08:03 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Why private banks not considering my distance mode bachelor degree?

First of all if your university is approved by the UGC then can apply for many jobs but most of the private companies and private banks do not consider degree certificate from any open university.They prefer candidates who have completed their graduation from the regular mode.What I suggest you to apply for government jobs also.Example IFBI does not consider degree from any open university.
15th January 2017, 12:32 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why private banks not considering my distance mode bachelor degree?

There should not be any such problem if you have completed your graduation via distance mode of education. If however they are not considering your application, it is their personal system of selection.

You should however apply in some other private bank as not all banks are considering only regular mode candidates.
15th January 2017, 12:34 PM
jayparikh

Smile Re: Why private banks not considering my distance mode bachelor degree?

Hi,

This is very valid questions. There are two aspects to this.
1) You haven't given details like from where you have completed your distance education? Had you checked whether that course is UGC approved or not? You can check here: http://www.ugc.ac.in/deb/

If your course is not UGC approve then unfortunately, you degree will not be counted for any job. But,If your university and distance course is UGC approved, then you are definitely eligible for jobs in all government sectors.

Now, lets consider your degree is UGC approved, and lets consider second aspect,

2) You have written about private sectors. Let me make it very clear to you that, private sectors decide their recruitment criteria on their own considering changing business dynamics. Hence, What to consider and what to not is completely in their hands.

I would suggest, if your degree is UGC approved and if private sector banks are not accepting it then try for govt. banks and jobs. I am sure they will accept your degree as long as it is UGC approved. All UGC approved distance learning courses are valid in all govt. jobs.

Let me know, if you have any other query on this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?