29th June 2018, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Admission procedure to study PhD(English) in IGNOU?

Hello friends, I have done MA in English and I want to do PhD in the same stream from IGNOU. So, I would like to know about the procedure for getting admission and studying this PhD program in IGNOU. Thank you!

2nd July 2018, 04:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure to study PhD(English) in IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I have done MA in English and I want to do PhD in the same stream from IGNOU. So, I would like to know about the procedure for getting admission and studying this PhD program in IGNOU. Thank you!

Eligible candidates have to apply online for the admission to study PhD English in IGNOU. Eligibility to study PhD English in IGNOU is a pass in Master’s Degree in English with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Candidates have to appear for an Entrance Test and Interview or Presentation of Synopsis before the Discipline specific Doctoral Research Committee. Candidates holding MPhil along with course work and dissertation or those who have cleared NET or any other equivalent examination will be exempted from the entrance test.
3rd July 2018, 09:50 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You need to download the admission form for IGNOU PhD course from their official website, which is a www.ignou.ac.in. Then you need to fill up the all the blocks in the form clearly and post it to the New Delhi head office of IGNOU, along with the fee for the application form. If you have filled up the form successfully, then they will call you to notify the same and inform you about the date of sit for entrance examination for the PHD course. On the day of the examination brings your admit card and your identity card supplied from the IGNOU Regional Centre. If you do not bring any of these, you will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
3rd July 2018, 10:28 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Admission Procedure to pursue PhD in English in IGNOU:

The detailed admission procedure to pursue this PhD in English in IGNOU is given below.

Name of the College - IGNOU

Name of the course - PhD in English

The basic educational qualification required is Master's Degree from university recognized by UGC in the concerned discipline with minimum 55% marks and 50% marks in case of SC/ ST and OBC.

Candidates who are holding M.Phil (along with course work and dissertation both) or those who have cleared UGC NET/ ICAR NET/ CSIR NET or any other equivalent exam will be exempted from appearing in the entrance test.

And those who have not cleared NET or any other equivalent exam or not holding M.Phil degree are required to appear in an entrance test that is conducted by this university. Entrance Examination will be followed by Personal Interview.

Click here for PhD in English course details

Click here for Official Notification
3rd July 2018, 11:18 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

For getting admission in PhD from IGNOU, you need to appear for entrance examination conducted by IGNOU for admission. The minimum qualification to become eligible for PhD admission is Masters degree in relevant discipline with atleast 55% marks from a recognised University.
Candidates who have following qualification can apply for direct admission into PhD from IGNOU without appearing for entrance examination.

M.Phil qualified candidates.

Candidates who have qualified NET/SLET.

Those who have have fellowships in the relevant field.

Candidates with 5 years of professional experience in relevant discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?