16th December 2016, 04:55 PM
Ashokan.

Am I eligible to appear for NET exam while pursuing 2nd year MCA course?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing MCA and I am in the 2nd year of the course, I want to apply for NET exam so I want to know am I eligible to appear for NET exam while pursuing 2nd year MCA course? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for MCA after BCA without having maths in 10+2? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to apply for SLET Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of MCA course?
  3. Am I eligible for SET/NET exam if I am a student of 3 years MCA course?
  4. PTU MCA 2nd Sem-Management Information System (MCA-201) Exam-Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. How to join MCA course being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc Computers? Which are the Entrance Exams available for this?
  6. How should I prepare for NET entrance exam? I am doing 2nd year MCA
  7. Can I apply for NET Exam for HR or Economics being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of MBA course?
  8. Am I eligible to get scholarship pursuing 2nd year MBBS after scoring 69.16%
  9. Am I eligible to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to get Junior Research Fellowship if pursuing 2nd year of M.Tech(CSE)?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for internships while pursuing IT engineering 2nd year?
  11. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  12. Am I eligible to write NET ECE exam after completing my M.Tech in EEE? How can I apply for the exam? -- [New]
  13. What is the last date to apply for UGC NET exam? I am pursuing MCA final year
  14. Am I eligible for MCA entrance while pursuing final year BCA with honors
  15. Am I eligible to appear for CDS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Com?
  16. When can I fill the forms for NET exam? I am a 2nd year MCA student
  17. How to apply for PO Job being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of MCA course?
  18. What are the jobs available in Indian Army after pursuing MCA 2nd year with 74%

18th December 2016, 09:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET exam while pursuing 2nd year MCA course?

If you have appeared for your final year MCA exams, then surely you can apply for NET. Final year candidates those who are expecting their result in next 2 or 3 months can definitely apply for it. Just make sure you score above 55% marks to prove your eligibility.

After getting the degree from your university, you have to send copy of it to UGC for getting your certificate, in case you qualify the exam. If you are found not eligible according to criteria, then qualifying NET will not benefit you.

19th December 2016, 12:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET exam while pursuing 2nd year MCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashokan. View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing MCA and I am in the 2nd year of the course, I want to apply for NET exam so I want to know am I eligible to appear for NET exam while pursuing 2nd year MCA course? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam because you have completed 3rd semester of your masters degree.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

I have attached the syllabus for UGC NET exam for Computer Application so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Computer science syllabus.doc(68.0 KB, 20 views)

19th December 2016, 02:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who are interested to become a teacher/professor/lecturer have to appear for NET (National Eligibility Test) examination. Only those candidates are eligible for NET examination who have completed their master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks. For SC/ST candidates the marks should be 50%.

If you are interested to apply Junior Research Fellowship then your age should not exceed 28 years and for Lectureship there is no age limit. As you are in the 2nd year of MCA course, so you are not eligible for NET examination. For that you must complete the master's degree course at first.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?