7th July 2016, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Matehmatics course?

I completed my msc mathematics, may I able to do phd directly or want to study MPhil compulsorily? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can let me know the answer on this as I need to proceed.

Related Questions:
  1. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D course? Am I eligible after completion of M.Sc course with 57% marks?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  4. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Matehmatics course?
  6. Which college can I get after scoring 182 rank in MSc Matehmatics?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  9. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Agriculture in a different college after completion of B.Sc Agriculture course?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after passing M.Sc in Mathematics with 49%? Is it possible to do M.Sc again to score good marks?
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc IT course?
  13. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  14. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  15. Which are the government colleges offering a dual degree program? Complete details about the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA with 76% marks?
8th July 2016, 10:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Matehmatics course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my msc mathematics, may I able to do phd directly or want to study MPhil compulsorily? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can let me know the answer on this as I need to proceed.
After completion of M.Sc degree in Mathematics, you can apply for Ph.D course. M.Phil degree doesn't require for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
9th July 2016, 12:25 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Matehmatics course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to do PhD after completion of M.Sc Mathematics course. Persons having passed post graduate degree (M.Sc Mathematics) examination with at least 55% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) are eligible to apply for PhD in Mathematics. Candidates are selected on the basis of their entrance test and interview conducted by the institutions. You can do the PhD in the following institutions;
  1. IIT Madras Department of Mathematics - Website link
  2. IGNOU -Website link
  3. The Institute of Mathematical Sciences - Website link
9th July 2016, 10:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed M.Sc mathematics with at least 55% marks then you will be eligible for most of the Ph.D entrance exams for admission. In case of reserved category there is 5% relaxation of marks.

M.Phil is not required if you are interested in doing Ph.D. Those who fail to get admission in Ph.D go for M.Phil option most of the time. Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?