12th July 2016, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics via distance education without entrance exam?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics via distance education without entrance exam? Can you please let me know what all formalities I need to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me through the admission process. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics via distance education without entrance exam?
  2. Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D if completed commerce through distance education?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  6. Detailed information about Part Time PhD in Mathematics course for M.Phil candidate?
  7. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  8. Whether distance PhD(Mathematics) is available to study to become an Assistant Professor? Procedure to apply?
  9. Possibility to do PhD in Mathematics through Distance Education for M.Sc postgraduate who is teaching in a Primary School?
  10. Universities offering Ph.D in Mathematics in Distance Learning?
  11. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD if pursuing Distance M.Phil?
  12. Can I do Ph.D after completion of English through distance education?
  13. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible for Ph.D with 51% marks in PG? Which university offering M.Ed in distance?
  15. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Com under distance education?
  17. Eligibility to study PhD in Mathematics for EE graduate? How can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?
  18. Am I eligible to pursue PhD directly after completing M.Phil through Distance education?
12th July 2016, 07:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics via distance education without entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics via distance education without entrance exam? Can you please let me know what all formalities I need to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me through the admission process. Thanks!
You can do Ph.D in Mathematics via distance education but you must qualify in UGC NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for UGC NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
13th July 2016, 10:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mathematics via distance education without entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, it is mandatory that you must appear and qualify in the entrance exam whether the exam conducted by the university or UGC NET entrance exam in order to get admission for PhD in Mathematics course.

Admission process divided into two sub stages such as, Written Test and Interview.

1) Normally, entrance exam is based on the syllabus covered under Master degree course.

2) In interview, most of the question asked from the research area. Those who qualify in UGC NET/GATE/SLET are exempted from the entrance exam conducted by the university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?