22nd December 2017, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Appearing in NET JRF is possible at the age of 28 years and 6 months?

I will be 28 years 6 months old at the time of appearing for NET JRF exam. Will I be eligible for JRF at this age, since I am getting over by 6 months?

22nd December 2017, 08:28 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing in NET JRF is possible at the age of 28 years and 6 months?

The age limit for NET JRF is 28 years at the time of applying.
Since, you are now 28 years and 6 months of age at this instant, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for NET JRF at this instant.
22nd December 2017, 10:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing in NET JRF is possible at the age of 28 years and 6 months?

If you belong to Unreserved category or General category, then I am very sorry to say that you are not at all eligible to appear in NET JRF Examination with 28 years and 6 months.

Basically there is an age criteria required to appear in National Eligibility Test (NET).

>> Upper age must not exceed 28 years for Junior Research Fellows (JRF) for General category candidates.

>> Whereas for the post of Assistant Professor, there is no upper age limit for applying.

>> On the other side, age relaxation upto 5 years is applicable for reserved category candidates like SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC. Hence, if you belong to anyone of the reserved categories then you may apply for NET JRF Examination.
23rd December 2017, 01:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be 28 years 6 months old at the time of appearing for NET JRF exam. Will I be eligible for JRF at this age, since I am getting over by 6 months?

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for NET JRF at the age of 28 years and 6 months. The upper age limit for appearing NET JRF examination is 28 years for general category and 28+5 years for OBC/SC/ST candidates. The aspirant can appear for Assistant Professor Examination, as there is no age limit restriction. If the aspirant belongs to the OBC/SC/ST category, then he is eligible for the NET JRF or not eligible for the NET JRF. The NET eligibility can be found on the website link given Click Here
23rd December 2017, 08:01 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for NET JRF at this very age.
Eligibility criteria required are as follows:-
Candidate must be a holder of Master’s degree from a recognized university in any stream.
There is no upper age limit required.
Candidate must have scored at least 45% aggregate in Post Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?