2nd March 2018, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics through correspondence?

Guys I want to do research in Economics. For that I know that I have to do PhD. But I am working as a Professor in a private college. I have done my M.Phil in Economics. I am thinking to do PhD in correspondence. But I am not sure that it will give me benefit or not. I want to know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  2. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Mathematics through correspondence?
  3. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Statistics through correspondence?
  4. Is it beneficial to study PhD in English through correspondence?
  5. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology through correspondence?
  6. Is it beneficial to do PhD in Economics for MSc candidate?
  7. Is it beneficial to study correspondence PhD in Mathematics for a Private Professor?
  8. Possibility to study correspondence M.Sc(Agricultural Economics) if completed B.Sc in Economics? List of correspondence universities in India?
  9. Correspondence universities offering PhD course to a candidate who has secured 55% in M.A.(Economics)?
  10. Correspondence courses related to Drawing and Painting for PhD(Economics) holder? -- [New]
  11. Is it mandatory to pursue M.Phil to study PhD in Economics?
  12. Eligibility to study PhD in Economics for B.A. 3rd year student?
  13. Colleges which offer PhD in Tax/Economics in Mumbai? Scope of study PhD in Tax/Economics?
  14. Is it beneficial to do PhD(Economics) in Nalanda Open University?
  15. Eligibility to study PhD(Economics, Finance and Management) in Cracow University of Economics for MPhil(Economics) student?
  16. Detailed information about IGNOU centres which offer PhD in Economics course in Southern India?
  17. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
  18. Possibility to study correspondence B.Ed in Economics if secured 63% in B.A. and 48.8% in M.A.?
15th March 2018, 04:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics through correspondence?

Yes, definitely you can apply for Ph.D in Economics through correspondence, there is no problem in it. Since, you have completed your M.Phil course in Economics, you are very much eligible for Ph.D in Economics.
Candidates those who have completed their M.Phil in Economics from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
15th March 2018, 05:47 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

PhD through correspondence gives the liberty to the individual to do his research work at his own speed and from Wherever he wants. It not only saves on the students time but also brings the aspirant in touch with the expertise on specific subjects with recorded lectures and other facilities offered by various institutes. Eligibility criteria for most universities for admission to PHD programs through distance education mode is 55% marks in their masters degree and some universities also require the candidate to pass National eligibility test.

Top universities offering correspondence PhD programs:

Indira Gandhi National Open University.

Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Open University.
15th March 2018, 06:33 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, PhD from regular mode or through correspondence both are beneficial. But the only difference in the both mode is that through correspondence you do not get any stipend from MHRD, Government of India or through regular mode you will get stipend.
15th March 2018, 07:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely, if you are interested to pursue PhD in Economics through distance mode then you can because this scheme is beneficial to those students who want to pursue PhD through correspondence with ease.
There are number of universities which offer PhD in Economics through correspondence:

IGNOU

Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Open University

Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
15th March 2018, 07:50 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is beneficial to study B.Sc Economics through correspondence.

You can study PhD in Economics in this Colleges:-

Chirst University PhD in Economics

Delhi School of Economics PhD in Economics

Mumbai University PhD in Economics

Lovely Professional University PhD in Economics.
15th March 2018, 07:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes it will be beneficial for your career. You can pursue Ph.D from distance mode also but it is compulsory to clear entrance examination to get admission in Ph.D.
You should go for this without hesitating. It will also provide you a wide range of opportunities in your career.
16th March 2018, 07:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Those who are professionals, can go for distance mode Ph.D, but if you are a fresher, then going for a regular Ph.D will be a better option. Distance Ph.D won't help, if you don't have enough experience.

Hence, take your decision based on your experience. Also, make sure you get admission at a reputed university on merit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?