3rd January 2018, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET or SLET or SET on the basis of MA in history with first class?

I have not history honours in graduation history was my pass subject in graduation and MA in history with first class. May I apply for NET and SET or SLET examination?

4th January 2018, 08:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET or SLET or SET on the basis of MA in history with first class?

Yes, definitely you can apply for the above mentioned examinations after the completion of MA in History. You must have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in your MA course to be eligible for the entrance examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET/SET/SLET examinations.
4th January 2018, 09:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET or SLET or SET on the basis of MA in history with first class?

NET ( National Eligibility Test ) and SET ( State Eligibility Test ) are held for recruitment as assistant professor and JRFs ( Junior Research Fellowship ).

Having completed your MA ( Master of Arts ) with History with first Class (i.e; with marks less than equal to 60% marks ) you are certainly eligible for appearing in NET/SET in History as for appearing in NET/SET subject studied at graduation degree does not matters.

For more details regarding NET you can visit the link www.cbsenet.nic.in where as for details regarding different SETs you can refer to their respective official link.
5th January 2018, 07:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can apply for NET, SET or SLET if you have completed your MA History degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
Those candidates who have completed MA degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for NET, SET or SLET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?