30th April 2016, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply to study PhD in Nutrition being a Health Science postgraduate? Entrance exams to get admission?

Hello Sir,
I have completed my M.Sc in Health Science. Can I apply for my PhD in Nutrition course? What are the entrance exams I have to give for getting this PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in PhD(Nutrition) at Home Science College and Research Institute for M.Sc postgraduate?
  2. Admission procedure to study PhD in Pharmacy for a postgraduate? Entrance exams to get admission?
  3. Can I study PhD in Rehabilitation Science being a Health Science Physiotherapy postgraduate? -- [New]
  4. How to apply for PhD in Nutrition & Diabetics? Is there any entrance exam for it? Schedule of entrance exam?
  5. Detailed information about ICAR PhD entrance exam for M.Sc(Foods & Nutrition) postgraduate?
  6. Procedure to do PhD in Nutrition at Indian Institute of Nutrition for M.Sc postgraduate?
  7. Entrance exams to study PhD in Hindi for M.A. postgraduate?
  8. Procedure to apply for PhD in Nutrition program in Bangalore University? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  9. MSc in applied nutrition: Colleges, Admission Procedure, Exams, Application Forms? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Entrance exams available to study PhD in Electronics for postgraduate?
  11. Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Science for IT postgraduate?
  12. In which university I will get admission to study PhD in Public Health in India being a postgraduate of Nepal?
  13. What courses shall I join after completion of 12th class to become a Dietitian?
  14. Eligibility to study PhD in Food and Nutrition for M.Sc(Home Science) candidate?
  15. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science in Australia for MCA postgraduate? Topic to study in PhD?
  16. Can I do MSc dietetics after completing BSc Nursing?
  17. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science in Australia for MCA postgraduate? Topic to study in PhD?
  18. Entrance exams to do PhD in Political Science
11th May 2016, 09:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply to study PhD in Nutrition being a Health Science postgraduate? Entrance exams to get admission?

For Ph.D in nutrition you need to have post graduation in the same field. There is no other way of getting admission in that field. You can also choose to research on a subject related to health science which is is close to nutrition to fulfill your aim.
Normally, research is a vast field with many possibilities. If you are researching then surely you can choose your area according to your field. Qualifying exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF is the best option for Ph.D admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?