29th December 2016, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D from any recognized university in India, if passed MBA with less than 55% marks?

I am doing MBA from Bharathiar University by distance mode. If I pass with less than 55% marks, can I do Ph.D from any approved and accredited university in India?

30th December 2016, 12:01 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D from any recognized university in India, if passed MBA with less than 55% marks?

For Ph.D course candidate must have passed master degree from a recognized university.

I think you are not eligible to do Ph.D from any recognized university in India, if you have passed MBA with less than 55% marks.

The minimum percentage required in master degree for Ph.D course is 55 to 60% from a recognized university.
30th December 2016, 04:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D from any recognized university in India, if passed MBA with less than 55% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing MBA from Bharathiar University by distance mode. If I pass with less than 55% marks, can I do Ph.D from any approved and accredited university in India?

Sorry, it is not possible to do PhD after completion of MBA with less than 55% marks. As per UGC regulations, candidates with 55% marks in post graduation are only eligible for the PhD admission. There is 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates. The admission to the PhD will be done through an entrance examination and personal interview. Those qualified NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil shall be exempted from the entrance examination. So you are not eligible for the PhD after scoring less than 55% marks in MBA.
30th December 2016, 09:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you have completed MBA course rom Bharathiar University with 55% marks from a recognized University then you are eligible for Ph.D course in Management subject.

There are no age criteria.
30th December 2016, 11:33 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sorry, to say that you are not eligible for PhD course after completing MBA with less than 55% of marks at Master degree course. Only those who have completed their Master degree with 55% of marks are eligible to apply for PhD degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?