2nd March 2018, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information and qualification required to study PhD program?

Hello Sir, I would like to know about PhD course. What is all about this course. As I am now studying in B.Sc 1st year and I have got Chemistry honours so in future if I want to do PhD then can I eligible? What qualification is necessary for PhD course?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and qualification required to study PhD in Hair for M.Com student?
  2. Detailed information about the course and scope of studying PhD (Interdisciplinary Studies)?
  3. Detailed information about NDRI PhD Entrance Test? Subjects enlisted to study in PhD at NDRI?
  4. Detailed information and qualification required to study PhD(Economics) in Chaudhary Devi Lal University? -- [New]
  5. Detailed information and qualification required to study PhD(Sociology) in Bhavnagar University?
  6. Detailed admission procedure to study PhD for M.Sc(Biochemistry) postgraduate?
  7. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  8. Detailed information and fee structure of PhD(HR) program in Kolhan University? Scope of PhD program in Human Resource?
  9. Detailed information about PhD in Biotechnology course? Scholarship available for this?
  10. Detailed information about PhD course for MBA(Marketing) postgraduate?
  11. Qualification required to study PhD for B.Com student?
  12. Is it possible to study PhD course for PGPM candidate?
  13. Detailed information about PhD? Differences between PhD and M.Tech? Eligibility to study both?
  14. Can I get admission to study M.Sc and PhD through college if secure good rank in B.Sc course in India? Detailed information about study Physics/Genetics in B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD in Abroad?
  15. Minimum qualification and criteria required for Ph.D study? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Detailed information about PhD for MBA postgraduate
  17. Detailed information about the entrance exams for Ph.D in Pharmaceutical program in India?
  18. Eligibility and qualification required to study PhD for Physics Honours student?
14th March 2018, 10:53 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and qualification required to study PhD program?

Detailed Information and Qualification Required to pursue PhD Program:

In order to do Doctoral Program (PhD) in India, you are required to meet the basic eligibility criteria that is required and pre-requisites are follows.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree (Post Graduation) in concerned stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.

>> Besides meeting this educational qualification, you are required to qualify CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) to be eligible.

>> Selection is done on the basis of the marks secured in NET Entrance Examination and marks secured in Post Graduation.

>> As you are presently pursuing 1st year of Bachelor's Degree, I suggest you to first concentrate well on Graduation studies and then pursue Master's Degree in the same stream with more than 55% marks.

>> After completion of Master's Degree, you may then appear in UGC NET or concerned college's PhD Entrance Examination. But make sure that you are good at concepts that are taught in Graduation and Post Graduation studies.
14th March 2018, 11:08 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and qualification required to study PhD program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I would like to know about PhD course. What is all about this course. As I am now studying in B.Sc 1st year and I have got Chemistry honours so in future if I want to do PhD then can I eligible? What qualification is necessary for PhD course?

Those candidates who have interest to do research on the particular subject can join PhD program. Eligibility to do PhD is a master’s degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university. Candidates have to appear for the research entrance test and interview for the admission. Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/MPhil in the relevant subject shall be exempted from the entrance test. They have to submit the research proposal at the time of PhD interview. Candidates are selected through above mentioned test results and academic performance. Stipend also offered to PhD students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?