2nd March 2018, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Psychology) for distance MBA postgraduate?

Sir, I am working as training manager in a Pharmaceutical company. I have completed my BBA from Annamalai University through distance education and I have completed MBA from Sikkim Manipal University through distance education. Now I am planning to do PhD in Psychology. Is my education back ground suitable for this?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I study distance PhD in Kerala University being an MBA postgraduate?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in SIDBI Grade-A recruitment exam being a distance MBA(Banking) postgraduate of SMU-DE?
  3. Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET for MBA postgraduate of Madras Distance University?
  4. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for distance MBA(HR/IT) postgraduate? Age limit to apply?
  5. Study PhD in IT for MBA postgraduate of Deemed University?
  6. Eligibility to study PhD in Business Administration in CMJ University for MBA(Finance) postgraduate?
  7. Eligibility to get Private Bank jobs for a distance MBA postgraduate who has 1 year of Marketing experience?
  8. Whether B.Com distance education students are eligible for sudying MBA or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to study LLM through Distance Education being a M.Com postgraduate?
  10. Where should I study PhD in Zoology through Distance Education being a postgraduate?
  11. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?
  12. Eligibility to do M.Phil and PhD in Sikkim Manipal University for distance MBA(Marketing) postgraduate? Total course fee?
  13. Can I study distance PhD(Management Studies) in IGNOU being an MBA postgraduate of Annamalai University? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  14. How to apply for distance MBA in Annamalai University? Better specialization for Mathematics postgraduate?
  15. Which branch is best to study in MBA after B.Tech? MBA in Operations is useful in future?
  16. Detailed information about Distance M.Phil in Microbiology course for a postgraduate?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IPCC program being a distance MBA postgraduate? -- [New]
  18. Is it valuable to study distance PhD in Chemistry for a postgraduate?
15th March 2018, 10:43 AM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Psychology) for distance MBA postgraduate?

Those candidates who are aspiring to study Ph.D in Psychology course need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:

-The candidate must have completed Masters degree in Psychology from a recognized institute/university.
- The candidate must have secured at least 55% of marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent grade at the level of post-graduation.
- Because these are pre-requisites one use to have in hand at the time of admission.

Since you have completed MBA degree, which is not related to physiology, so you are not eligible to apply for Ph.D. in physiology course. However, you can do Ph.D. course in any other specialization which is related your MBA specialization.
15th March 2018, 04:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have completed your MBA course, you are very much eligible for Ph.D course. But, for studying Ph.D in Psychology, you must have studied Psychology as a subject in your Post Graduation.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree studying Psychology as a subject from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Psychology.
15th March 2018, 05:34 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To pursue PhD in psychology you need to have a post graduate degree in the relevant field with 50% marks in aggregate and the candidate also needs to clear the entrance exam of the respective University of college.
So, after completing MBA you are eligible to pursue PhD in psychology.
15th March 2018, 05:44 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do PhD in Psychology after completing MBA from distance mode.

Eligibility criteria for PhD program are:-

Candidate must have completed Master's Degree with at least 50% aggregate from any recognized university/college.
15th March 2018, 06:07 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One can pursue PhD in Psychology after completing Masters course in the relevant field with minimum of 50% marks. The candidate has to clear the entrance exam such as UGC NET in order to PhD from renowned college.

There are so many universities offering this course and you have to qualify the entrance test of the respective University in order to persue it from that college.
15th March 2018, 06:35 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD in Psychology course in India:

There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue this PhD in Psychology course in India.

>> Candidates must have completed their "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in any concerned discipline from a recognized university and you must have secured minimum 55% marks in exam.

>> As Annamalai Universities and Sikkim Manipal Universities are recognized universities, courses studied from those colleges are recognized as per my knowledge.

>> Besides this, you are required to appear in an entrance examination whether it may be CSIR/ UGC NET or concerned colleges Doctoral Program Entrance Examination.
15th March 2018, 07:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you will choose any suitable subject related with your stream then it will be better to catch everything from related topics.
But if you are interested to choose Psychology in Ph.D then it is also good. It depends on your interest that what you want to study.
You can also pursue it from distance mode.
16th March 2018, 06:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to pursue Doctoral program in Psychology course as both these Sikkim Manipal University and Annamalai Universities are recognized universities. In general, to be eligible for pursuing doctoral program you are required to meet the required eligibility criteria.

>> As you are done with BBA from Annamalai University and MBA from Sikkim Manipal University, you may be eligible to pursue this doctoral program provided with you pursued MBA from science related subjects.

>> In general, the basic qualification required is Master's Degree in Psychology stream from a recognize university. Hence, if you are done with MBA in concerned stream related to Psychology then you will be eligible and otherwise I suggest you to contact the concerned college before getting admission into it.
16th March 2018, 07:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Ph.D is psychology is not possible after MBA degree. You need to have a masters degree in the same subject to become eligible for admission in any such research programme.

You can only apply for Ph.D admission in any management stream according to your MBA qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?