2nd March 2018, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in History in Shivaji University with Stipend?

Hi, I have completed my M.Phil in History from Mumbai University. Now I want to enroll myself in Shivaji University for PhD program. I want to know that I can get stipend for doing PhD for same stream in Shivaji University or not?

15th March 2018, 05:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in History in Shivaji University with Stipend?

Yes, definitely you can study Ph.D in History from Shivaji University after the completion of M.Phil in History from Mumbai University.
Candidates after completing their M.Phil course in History from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
You will be getting stipend during the said course.
15th March 2018, 07:01 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study PhD in History in Shivaji University with Stipend. Stipend to the PhD students are given by Ministry of Human Resource Development, not by the college.

Candidate admitted to the PhD Programme in Regular mode are eligible for a monthly stipend from MHRD of INR 25,000 for the first two years.
16th March 2018, 08:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After getting admission in Ph.D, you can get stipend or fellowship based on merit only. If you are having a good academic record, then you definitely have some chance.

Just secure admission at any reputed university and then apply for the stipend. UGC takes care of the stipend and fellowships to research scholars.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?