11th August 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

How can I do PhD in Computer Science being a M.Sc student? Should I have to appear in UGC-NET?

Hello,
I would like to do PhD in Computer Science. I am M.Sc(Computer Science) student. May I know the particulars for doing so that how to approach? And I have to give UGC-NET for this?

Related Questions:
  1. What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?
  2. Is Msc Computer Science Student eligible for writing CSIR-UGC Net Exam?
  3. Is it compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for doing PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  4. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Books and solved question papers of UGC NET exam for computer science?
  6. After MCA can I do PhD in Computer Science or I will have to do research first?
  7. How to prepare for UGC NET exam? I am doing MSc in computer science
  8. Am I eligible to takeup UGC NET exam in computer science? I have completed MSc in computer science
  9. Can I do PhD if secured 56% in B.Sc and 53.9% in M.Sc(Computer Science)?
  10. In which college I will get admission to study PhD in Computer Science if qualified in UGC-NET?
  11. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  12. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  13. M.tech Computer Science student eligible to write NET? Syllabus for UGC NET?
  14. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  15. Syllabus of Computer Science for PhD Entrance Test is different from UGC-NET in Maharashtra?
  16. UGC recognized universities for PhD in Computer Science where attending classes daily is not necessary?
  17. How to prepare for UGC NET exam? Study material for NET(Computer Science)?
  18. What is better among Physics, Physical Science and Computer Science for M.Sc which helps for UGC-NET?
18th August 2015, 10:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I do PhD in Computer Science being a M.Sc student? Should I have to appear in UGC-NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I would like to do PhD in Computer Science. I am M.Sc(Computer Science) student. May I know the particulars for doing so that how to approach? And I have to give UGC-NET for this?
You have completed M.Sc in Computer Science so you are eligible for Ph.D course through UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?