12th April 2016, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam? List of universities for admission?

Dear Friends,
I am a distance M.A. in English student. I want to go through PhD program in English Literature. Which universities are available? Is it possible to do without any entrance test?
With Regards-
Sankar Acharyya

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study PhD without M.Phil for English Literature postgraduate? List good universities with admission procedure?
  2. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?
  3. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  5. List of Open Universities which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Detailed information, course duration and fee structure?
  6. Universities offering PhD in English Literature with stipend
  7. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?
  8. List of good universities providing MA program in English literature? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  10. Top 5 universities in world for PhD in English Literature
  11. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  12. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  13. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  14. Is it possible to do Ph.D after English literature with 54%?
  15. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  16. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  17. How can I get admission in PhD(English Language) without appearing in any entrance exam and without M.Phil from any Government university at Hyderabad?
  18. How can I get admisison to study PhD in English Literature in University of Oxford?
13th April 2016, 08:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam? List of universities for admission?

Most of the reputed universities give admission on merit through written exam and interview. Direct admission is not possible if you want to get admission in a top university.

There will be some low ranked universities offering admission but there is no use of doing your research programme from a sub standard university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?