13th August 2017, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Upper age limit to appear in PhD? Other necessary requirements for it?

Sir, I am MA English holder and want to do PhD. Please tell me what is the upper age limit to appear in PhD? Other necessary requirements for it?

17th August 2017, 02:14 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Upper age limit to appear in PhD? Other necessary requirements for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am MA English holder and want to do PhD. Please tell me what is the upper age limit to appear in PhD? Other necessary requirements for it?

There is no upper age limit to do PhD program in India. Some of the candidates can do a PhD after retirement also. Eligibility to do a PhD is a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with not less than 55% marks from a recognized university. Candidates have to appear and qualify the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) conducted by various universities and an interview. Candidates holding M.Phil degree or those who have cleared UGC NET or GATE or SET shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance examination. Many colleges and universities offering PhD programs in India in various disciplines.
17th August 2017, 02:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Upper age limit to appear in PhD? Other necessary requirements for it?

You can very much apply for the course of Ph.D after the completion of your MA in English.
Below I have listed the necessary requirements to opt for the Ph.D course, just have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D after MA in English:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree in the relevant field from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard. Admission is based on the merit marks scored in the NET examination.
There is no upper age limit for the Ph.D course
17th August 2017, 11:14 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no certain upper age limit for pursuing Doctoral Program (PhD) course. There is a certain eligibility criteria required.

>> In order to pursue PhD program, only Educational qualification criteria is to be met and not age criteria.

>> Besides meeting the educational qualification criteria, you will have to appear in any one of the entrance examination's.

>> So Post Graduation with minimum 55% marks in concerned stream and qualifying entrance examination is mandatory irrespective of the age criteria.
17th August 2017, 11:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no upper age limit for Ph.D admission in India. All you need is a masters degree with 55% marks to become eligible for it. Admission is mostly based on merit at reputed universities.

Hence, make sure you are well prepared for written exam and interview, so that you can easily get admission on merit.
18th August 2017, 02:02 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to do PhD in English, you must have completed masters degree in English Language with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
You need to appear and qualify in UGC-NET entrance examination.
There isn't any upper age limit to pursue PhD course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?