13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to do PhD after MS Geology from Osmania University? Which topic should I choose?

Hello sir, I am studying in MS Geology and want to do PhD. Please tell me procedure to do PhD from Osmania University? Which topic should I choose?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in Osmania University for PhD after MA Urdu? Which topic I should choose for it?
  2. Procedure to get admission in PhD at Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal? Which topic I should choose for PhD?
  3. Procedure to get admission in PhD at Institue of Historical Research, University of London? Which topic I should choose for it?
  4. Selection procedure of PhD in IIITs after M.Sc IT? Which topic I should choose for PhD?
  5. How can I get admission in University of Calcutta to do PhD after MA Economics? Which topic should I choose?
  6. Is it good to do Ph.D English or I can try for some other topic?
  7. Admission procedure after qualifying entrance exam in Osmania University for PhD(Management)? Fee expenses for full/part time PhD course? Whether Government offer fee reimbursement?
  8. Does Osmania University offers PhD in Biotechnology course? Procedure to fill-up the application form?
  9. M.Phil is mandatory to study PhD for Geology post graduate?
  10. Procedure to get admission in Ranchi University to study PhD in Geology?
  11. When to apply for PhD entrance exam at Kakatiya University? Can I choose Banking topic for PhD?
  12. How to become a Geologist after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Admission procedure to study PhD(Astronomy) in Osmania University?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD(Engineering Geology) in Delhi University? -- [New]
  15. How to choose simple topic for PhD in Finance and Marketing?
  16. Commerce topics available to study in PhD for Finance and HR postgraduate? How to choose topics?
  17. Which subject should I choose for PhD after MA in geography which may be useful for my job in geology and mining department?
  18. How to do PhD in Geology being Geography postgraduate?
17th August 2017, 02:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do PhD after MS Geology from Osmania University? Which topic should I choose?

Since you are pursuing your MS course in Geology, you need to complete MS course in the same in order to be eligible for Ph.D course and Ph.D admission entrance examination such as NET.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the NET examination.
After qualifying in the examination, you can get admission to study the Ph.D course in Osmania University based on the marks scored in the examination.
http://www.osmania.ac.in/research-phd.php
18th August 2017, 01:21 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to do PhD after MS Geology from Osmania University? Which topic should I choose?

You need to appear and qualify in UGC-NET entrance examination, which is conducted to UGC (University Grant Commission) twice in a year for those candidates who are seeking admission to the PhD programs.A candidate having Post-Graduation degree scoring at least 55% marks from a recognized university is eligible to do PhD in respective field and can also appear in UGC-NET examination.
The Osmania University conducts PET (PhD Eligibility Test), as one of pre-requisities for admission into PhD course in different subjects under the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Management, Education, Law, Social Sciences, Science, etc.
So, to be admitted into PhD course in Osmania University, you need to qualify in PET test, which is conducted by Directorate of Admission Osmania University.
Since you have completed masters degree in Geology, you should choose Geology for pursuing PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?