15th June 2017, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MCA entrance exam after BCA degree?

I passed 10+2 level in science but math with 26%, physical and chemistry 56%. English, bio with 60%. Now I am doing BCA under ccs university. After BCA am I eligible for MCA entrance.

15th June 2017, 04:51 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA entrance exam after BCA degree?

In order to pursue MCA you should have completed your BCA with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college/university. With this eligibility you have to appear for MCA entrance examination and some institutes also conduct their own entrance examination to select the eligible candidates. Your marks in 12th mathematics is very less, so it is difficult to get admission for MCA. But, you may get admission for MCA through the merit in BCA.
15th June 2017, 05:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed 10+2 level in science but math with 26%, physical and chemistry 56%. English, bio with 60%. Now I am doing BCA under ccs university. After BCA am I eligible for MCA entrance.

Eligibility to study MCA is a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks and passed 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects. Candidates are selected to the MCA course on the basis of marks scored in the MCA Entrance Examination. Therefore, if you met the above mentioned criteria, then you are eligible for MCA entrance examination. There are various MCA examinations like BIT MCA, IPU CET MCA, JNU MCA, Pune University MCA, IIT JAM etc. You have to check the notification of the university you want to join for exact details.
15th June 2017, 07:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for MCA Entrance Examination after completion of BCA course. The minimum educational qualification required is given below,

>> You must have completed Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are done with BCA course, I am sure you are certainly eligible to apply for MCA Entrance Examination.

>> You must have completed Graduation with minimum 60% marks in order to be eligible.
15th June 2017, 09:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for MCA entrance exam after BCA degree.

The eligibility required to get admission for MCA course are as under:-

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university .

-The candidate must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2 or Graduation level.
15th June 2017, 10:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

So you are interested for doing MCA after BCA completion.

You can definitely take admission for MCA after doing BCA.

MCA is the post graduation after BCA.

So all BCA candidates are eligible after doing MCA.

There is no question of 12th standard.

So you can easily join MCA without any tension.
16th June 2017, 12:09 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in MCA entrance examination after completion of your BCA degree course from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer Applications or in any stream with Mathematics subject at 12th standard level from a recognised board are eligible to pursue MCA course. By qualifying the entrance examination and participating in the counselling process, you can get admission for pursuing MCA course.
16th June 2017, 12:54 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Yes, of course you are eligible for MCA entrance exam after completing BCA course. The applicant who completed their Graduation from a recognized university are eligible to apply for MCA entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- The candidate must score at least 50% at Graduation course.
- The candidate must studied Mathematics subject.
16th June 2017, 01:35 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you will be eligible for MCA entrance examination after the completion of BCA course successfully.
Candidates those who have completed their BCA course from a recognised University scoring a minimum marks of 50% in the course can very much apply for the MCA entrance examination after the completion of the said course.
16th June 2017, 08:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion of BCA course, you can do MCA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with Mathematics or Computer Science from a recognized University are eligible for MCA course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
16th June 2017, 10:26 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got BCA degree from a recognized university, then surely you will be eligible for MCA entrance exam. Admission will be on the basis of performance in entrance exam.

Most of the entrance exam will ask for 50% marks in degree and some even ask for 60% marks. Hence, make sure you fulfill the eligibility.
16th June 2017, 03:52 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes definitely, you are eligible for MCA after completion of your BCA course.
Following are the eligibility criteria:
>Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
>Candidate should have studied Mathematics or Statistics in 10+2 as a compulsory subject.

Admission to MCA in various colleges are obtained either on the basis of entrance exams or directly on qualifying exam merit basis.

Followings are the various entrance test for MCA:
>IPUCET
>TANCET
>NIMCET
>BIT MCA Entrance Test
>WBJEE
>UPSEE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?