4th April 2015, 04:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.A.(Economics) if completed B.A. Pass?

Friends,
I have completed my B.A. Pass and I have
Economics as one subject, now I am interested
in doing M.A. in Economics. Am I eligible?
Kindly help me.

10th April 2015, 12:47 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.A.(Economics) if completed B.A. Pass?

Yes of course. You are eligible to apply for M.A (Economics) after completing B.A course. To get admission in M.A (Economics), you need to crack the entrance examination which is conducted by their respective university. The entrance exam notification will be published in the month of March/April in the official website of their respective university.

Eligibility:

The applicant should have completed graduate degree with Economics from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The applicant must have secured at least 60% marks for general candidates and 55% marks for reserved categories. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. The percentage bar differs from college to college.
10th April 2015, 09:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I have completed my B.A. Pass and I have
Economics as one subject, now I am interested
in doing M.A. in Economics. Am I eligible?
Kindly help me.
You have completed B.A in Pass (Economics) so you are not eligible for M.A in Economics.

Eligibility criteria for M.A in Economics:-

1)Those candidates who have completed BA in Economics from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for M.A in Economics course.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
10th April 2015, 10:21 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Master's of economics is a post graduate economic course which is a two year duration course.

* Yes, you are eligible to apply for M.A economics.

* The minimum eligibility criteria is the candidate should have completed graduation degree with economics as one of the subject.

* Some of the reputed universities or institute demand a minimum of 50% marks in the graduation course .
10th April 2015, 10:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue M.A (Economics) course after completion of your B.A course. Most of the colleges demands Graduation degree with Honours in Economics as one of the subject studies in Graduation course from a recognised university. Some colleges conducts an entrance examination for providing admission in MBA course and some colleges offers direct admission based on the marks secured by candidate in the qualifying examination. Since, you had already completed B.A course, you are el;igible to study M.A (Economics) course.
11th April 2015, 12:45 AM
anamikasenrocks

No, you are not eligible. In any college or university all over India master's degree is applicable to people who have done their graduation with honors only. Even in distance education college the same norm is followed. So even if you had one subject as Economics in your pass subjects combination, you are not eligible for M.A. in Economics. But what you re eligible for is MBA. The basic eligibility criteria for Master's in Business Administration is you have to be a graduate with minimum 50% marks. If you had 50% or more in your B.A. pass course you can try for MBA.
13th April 2015, 06:16 PM
kunalroy89

Yes you are eligible provided the subject in which admission is sought must have been studied in all the three parts at undergraduate level.
If you have Economics in all 3years at Graduate Pass course,then you would be eligible for M.A Economics even if you do not have Honours in Economics.
Some universities allows all graduates to apply for Post graduation but those are very few.
There is chance for you but you need to find about your desired university and their criteria.
30th March 2022, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.A. (general) with economics as a subject in all 3 years.. am I eligible for MS (QE) in Indian statistical institute?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?