18th July 2017, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MA in psychology after BA political science?

Hello Sir, I am currently doing BA in political science. Can I do my MA in psychology. As I am more interested in that field. If yes, then please show me the right path. Waiting for your response.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I opt after 12th related to Psychology, Biology, Geography and Political Science?
  2. How to do B.A course? Which is better between Psychology, Political Science, History, Economics and English
  3. Fashion Designing can be done after BA with Psychology and Political science subjects?
  4. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Political science after completion of graduation?
  6. Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Job opportunities after completion of Bachelor of Arts in Political Science? -- [New]
  8. What to do with subjects like English, Political Science, History, Economics and Psychology
  9. Procedure to get admission in master of political science at Delhi University
  10. Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Political Science after scoring 57 percent marks in MA?
  11. Best courses that can be done after 12th in subjects like Psychology, Political Science, History, Economics and English?
  12. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  13. Subjects available to appear for UPSC District Collector exam?
  14. Which graduation course has an edge over other- Political Science and Political Philosophy?
  15. Which course is better to opt after completion of graduation in political science?
  16. Could I join M.Sc in educational psychology after B.Sc in physics?
  17. What should I study after completing M.A. in Political Science?
  18. Which subject to choose for UPSE exam?
19th July 2017, 11:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do after MA in psychology BA political science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am currently doing BA in political science. Can I do my MA in psychology. As I am more interested in that field. If yes, then please show me the right path. Waiting for your response.
After completion of B.A in Political Science, you are not eligible for MA in psychology course.

Eligibility criteria for Masters in Psychology:-

1)Those candidates who have completed graduation in Psychology from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for masters in Psychology course.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
19th July 2017, 11:46 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MA in psychology after BA political science?

In order to get admission for MA psychology you should have completed your graduation and should have studied psychology as one of your subjects at graduation level. With this eligibility you have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the respective institutes. The selection depends on the performance in the examination. Some institutes does not have the provision of studying psychology in graduation, so in that institutes you can get admission on the basis of BA political science.
19th July 2017, 05:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you can do an MA in Psychology after completion of BA Political Science course in some colleges / universities. Eligibility to study an MA in Psychology is a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in some colleges. Duration of the course is two years. Admission to the course is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination in some colleges/universities. Colleges/universities offering the MA Psychology course for BA Political Science students are given below;

IGNOU - Website Link

Nalanda Open University - Website Link

Amity Institute of Psychology and Allied Sciences - Website Link

Annamalai University - Website Link
19th July 2017, 11:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to join MA in Psychology course:

In general, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this MA in Psychology course is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline.

So based on this criteria, I am very sure that you are eligible to apply for doing this course.

But there are some of the colleges and their educational qualification criteria may vary.

Those colleges demand candidates to have studied, Bachelor's Degree with Psychology or Honours with Psychology as one of the subjects at Graduation level.

Some of the colleges offer this course are, Himachal Pradesh University, IGNOU, Panjab University..etc.,
25th May 2019, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my graduation with Pub. Adm. Hons. Can I opt for Masters in Psychology from Rajasthan University?
29th July 2019, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for M.A after General BA ?
12th November 2019, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

I have done my ba in political science. Can I do my ma in geography?
13th January 2021, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to do Clinical Psychology but am currently pursuing B.A. (HONS) in Political Science. is it possible for me to do my post graduation in Psychology?
19th August 2022, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

After BS in political Science I do MS in psychology in Pakistan?plz guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?