11th June 2017, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

How can I pursue HM after B.Tech degree?

I am pursuing B.Tech, but I am interested in HM. Can you say how many subjects will be there and duration of the course and also about various fields and salary.

11th June 2017, 09:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue HM after B.Tech degree?

Yes, you can apply for admission in PG diploma courses as well as masters degree in hotel management course. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

Hence, you just need to look for admission notifications and apply for it accordingly. Admission will be purely on merit.
11th June 2017, 11:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Hotel Management course after completion of your B.Tech course. You can pursue MBA in Hotel Management or M.Sc. in Hotel Management course after completion of your B.Tech course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to Master's degree course in Hotel Management. The duration of Master's degree course in Hotel Management ranges from 1 to 2 years and it costs you nearly 1-2 lakhs to complete the course and you can get good job with better salary after completion of your higher studies in Hotel Management course.
12th June 2017, 03:12 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

If you want to get admission in HM course after completion of your B.Tech degree, you will have to appear for entrance test conducted by the prospective institute you wish to get admission in and after clearing the minimum cut-off, you can probably get admission in the course.

Salary depends upon the organization you are working for, it will not be the same in all cases.
12th June 2017, 04:32 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: How can I pursue HM after B.Tech degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing B.Tech, but I am interested in HM. Can you say how many subjects will be there and duration of the course and also about various fields and salary.
Yes.. You can join for MSc Hotel Management or Masters of Hotel Management. You can also join for MBA in Tourism and Hospitality to build career in your interesting filed. Masters course in Hotel management is for 2 years. The course curriculum will be different for different institutes, still you may have to study on Tourism, management, business, Communication skills etc. Best institutes for the Hotel Management courses are Institute of Hotel Management, Christ university, Lovely Professional University etc. You can get good placement opportunities also if you are pursuing the course from these institutes.
12th June 2017, 05:06 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Candidates after completion of B.Tech degree can study MBA in Tourism and Hotel Management or MBA in International Hotel & Restaurant Management or MBA Hospitality Management course. MBA course is best suited for the B.Tech completed students. MBA courses are available in various colleges and universities in India. Eligibility to study the course is a pass in Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks. Admission to the course is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination. The above mentioned MBA courses are available in the following colleges

GD Goenka University - Website Link

IGNOU - Website Link

Madurai Kamarj University - Website Link

Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology - Website Link
17th August 2017, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Every individual institute will conduct its own entrance test. There is no common test for hotel management
14th September 2017, 08:29 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:

If you want to do hotel management after completing your B.Tech degree, then best option for you to join hotel management field is through post graduate diploma in hotel management. Here below are details regarding PG diploma course:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate diploma course in hotel management is graduation or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute.

>> Duration of PG diploma in hotel management is 1 year.

:- After having PG diploma in hotel management you can go for job in employment areas like Hotels and resorts, Airport, Airlines, Restaurants etc. and get jobs like are as follows:-

Job Options after PG Diploma in Hotel Management:-

:- Catering assistant supervisor.

:- Cabin crew.

:- Hospitality executive.

:- Customer service executive.

:- Catering officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?