22nd October 2016, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

How to correct my GATE application form for the mistake I committed while filling?

I made a mistake in GATE Online application. By mistake there is an birth year error has been made by me. I have written 1994 but right year is 1995 and I have submitted the form. So for removing this mistake what should I do because I want to fight GATE 2017 competition. So, please try to let me know that what should I do?

23rd October 2016, 06:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to correct my GATE application form for the mistake I committed while filling?

You can contact the conducting institute and tell them about the mistake. They will tell you about the procedure to rectify mistake or fill another application form.

Normally, the first application form will be rejected and you can apply with a new application form in most cases. But, it will depend on the conducting authority.
23rd October 2016, 07:38 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to correct my GATE application form for the mistake I committed while filling?

Don't worry for this. Just call at the helpline number of your respective zone given in the brochure. They will guide you further.

Even if they don't pick up the call or say that they cannot do anything, don't worry.

You must have submitted a proof of your date of birth or the proof of eligibility in which the correct age of your might be written. They will match it with the one you have mentioned in the form.

There would be a mismatch and they will reject your application and will inform about it to you. If they do not inform, you need to be vigilant and check regularly if they have rejected the application or not.

When they reject the application due to the errors, they give the candidate some time to improve and rectify the errors. In the mean time, you can correct your error and re-submit the application successfully.

Hope this helps !
25th September 2020, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

i wrote my name in the application form it should be k.ritika but i kept ritika.k
27th September 2020, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I want statistics previous papers for cpget
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?