10th March 2018, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to pursue M.Phil to study PhD in Chemistry?

Hello friends, I am interested to do PhD in Chemistry. I did my M.Sc in Chemistry. I want to know that for PhD I have to study M.Phil. So, suggest me with your advice. Thank you!

21st April 2018, 10:57 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to pursue M.Phil to study PhD in Chemistry?

In order to pursue PhD Chemistry, you should have completed your master's degree or equivalent from a recognized university. You have to appear for an entrance examination in order to get admission for PhD. Candidates who have qualified M.Phil or national level examinations like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF etc can appear directly for the interview without facing the entrance examination. So, it is up to you, whether you want to pursue M.Phil or you want to appear for the examination after master's degree.
21st April 2018, 03:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not mandatory to study M.Phil course in order to study Ph.D in Chemistry after the completion of M.S course.
After the completion of M.Sc in Chemistry, you can opt for P.hD course on the basis of NET score card.
Candidates those who have completed their M.Sc in Chemistry from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
5th March 2019, 10:37 PM
anchanharshitha17

No, it is not mandatory to pursue M.Phil to study PhD.
If you want to pursue PhD in chemistry then, after completion of MSc degree appear for the PhD entrance exam such as net, gate, tifr, toffle etc depending on which institute and place ( India or abroad) where you want to pursue PhD. Qualifying these exams not only help you to get entry but also to get stifend.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?