1st March 2018, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MCA for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate? List of entrance exams for admission?

Sir, I have completed B.Sc in Computer Science. I want to apply for MCA program. So, I am eligible for applying in MCA program? I would also like to know which are the entrance exams avails for MCA admission across India?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study MCA(H) for Geology graduate?
  2. List of entrance exams to study MCA in India for B.Sc(Computer Science) final year candidate?
  3. Possibility to study MBA for B.A.(Theology) graduate? List of entrance exams for admission?
  4. Can I get admission to study MCA if secured 50% in BCA? Entrance exams to study MCA?
  5. List of MCA entrance exams and institutes preparing for entrance exams?
  6. Will I have to give the entrance exams like GATE to take admission in Ph.D? List of government or central universities offering Ph.D in computer science?
  7. List of colleges which offer MCA in Abroad? Entrance exams to get admission?
  8. Possibility to get admission in The University of British Columbia to study under graduate course after 12th (Mathematics) with 74% and 5.5 bands in IELTS? How to get admission?
  9. Possibility to study further education in Abroad for 12th Biology CBSE student?
  10. Possibility to secure BEd admission for BCom(H) graduate? -- [New]
  11. Entrance exams available to study BEd for Political Science graduate?
  12. Procedure and eligibility to apply for MCA entrance exam in Bangalore University for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate? Entrance exam dates, suitable books and list of colleges?
  13. Possibility to study MCA for a candidate after completion of B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  14. Possibility to study M.Tech for MCA candidate? In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission?
  15. What is MCA admission procedure? What is the syllabus of MCA? Study material for MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Top 10 institutes which offer MCA course in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  17. Will I have to give any entrance exams like GATE to do Ph.D in Computer Science? Procedure to do Ph.D? List of government or central universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science?
  18. List of entrance exams with syllabus to study Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation course
12th March 2018, 04:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCA for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate? List of entrance exams for admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed B.Sc in Computer Science. I want to apply for MCA program. So, I am eligible for applying in MCA program? I would also like to know which are the entrance exams avails for MCA admission across India?

Possibilities to study MCA for BSc Computer Science graduates are high. Candidates who have passed graduation in any discipline like commerce, science, arts, engineering and must have studied mathematics as a subject in 10+2 or any one year of graduation are eligible to study MCA. Candidates are admitted to the MCA course through an entrance examination like

BITS MCA
IPU CET MCA
JNU MCA
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET)
Pune University MCA
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA (WB-JECA)
Joint Admission Test for MCA/MSc (IIT JAM)
Anna University DEET
MAH MCA CET
TANCET MCA
VIT MEE MCA Entrance Exam
12th March 2018, 05:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCA for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate? List of entrance exams for admission?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for MCA course after the completion of B.Sc in Computer Science. Since you have studied Computer Science as a subject in your Graduation, you are very much eligible for MCA course.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc studying Computer Science as a subject from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MCA course.

List of MCA Entrance Test:-

BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Exam
LUCSAT
FISAT MCA Admission Test
NIMCET
AP ICET
IGNOU MCA Admission Test
TANCET etc.
12th March 2018, 09:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course after successful completion of B.Sc in Computer Science course. The basic educational qualification required is as follows,

<> Candidates must have completed "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university/ board.

<> Candidates who are done with their B.Sc in Information Technology or B.Sc in Computer Science..etc., are also eligible to pursue.

<> As you are done with B.Sc in Computer Science course, I can strongly say that you are certainly eligible to pursue this Master's Degree.

<> Besides meeting this qualification criteria, you are required to appear in MCA Entrance Examinations available in India.

<> Some of the major MCA Entrance Examinations are,
* Jawaharlal Nehru University MCA Entrance Exam
* NIMCET Entrance Exam
* Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
* West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA
* Pune University MCA Entrance Exam
* AP ICET Exam..etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?