14th March 2017, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for getting admission in MCA at any government college?

What is the criteria for government college MCA admission and how to crack the exam to get admission? Is math a compulsory sub in 12th? I don't have it but in my BCA course I have both subjects. So, am I eligible?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for outside Maharashtra students?
  2. Detailed admission procedure to apply for MCA programme in Abroad? Eligibility criteria and best MCA college in Abroad? How this course is differ from India?
  3. Eligibility criteria for MCA for admission in government colleges of Karnataka? When are the forms available for MCA for state level or national level exams?
  4. How to take admission in MCA in Chandigarh? Eligibility criteria and colleges in Chandigarh for MCA?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Eligibility criteria and admission process for getting admission in IIT Delhi for MCA?
  7. Admission procedure for admission into PG courses(Maths and MCA) in Shibpur College?
  8. What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for MCA course in DU?
  9. List of the colleges along with their eligibility criteria and entrance exam, offering MCA course in Karnataka?
  10. Can I take admission for MCA in maharashtra? What is the eligibility criteria?
  11. How to take admission in college of Bangalore for MCA?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting Ph.D course admission?
  13. Eligibility criteria to get admission in MBBS course in any Government Medical college?
  14. Procedure to study MCA in any government college for B.Sc(Mathematics) final year student? What is the scope of MCA course?
  15. Can I take admission directly to MCA 2nd year?
  16. Eligibility criteria for doing engineering in a government college? Can I get admission in government colleges in Tamilnadu after if I am have a state level winner certificate in Volleyball?
  17. Does VJTI college conduct entrance test for MCA? What is the criteria for admission in this college?
  18. Eligibility criteria required to get admission in 11th Commerce in a Government School?
15th March 2017, 07:00 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for getting admission in MCA at any government college?

You are interested to know about the eligibility criteria for MCA admission in government college. You have completed your 12th standard without having math subject in it.

**Basically for getting admission in good institutions such as IIT or NIT’s the student must possess Math subject in its intermediate level. It does not matter whether you have read Math subject in BCA or not. But there is no need to worry about this, there are some institutes in India which do not require Math subject as criteria for admission such as IPU Delhi etc and many more.

**For Entrance Exam point of view, you have to prepare your basics very well. Go through the subjects you have read in your BCA course and try to solve previous year entrance exam papers.
16th March 2017, 04:54 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for getting admission in MCA at any government college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the criteria for government college MCA admission and how to crack the exam to get admission? Is math a compulsory sub in 12th? I don't have it but in my BCA course I have both subjects. So, am I eligible?

Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration (10+2+3 or 10+2+4 year’s pattern) in any discipline with Mathematics or Business Mathematics at 10+2 level or a pass in Bachelor’s degree with 10+3 years Diploma with mathematics at diploma level or mathematics or statistics as one of the subjects at degree level or a pass in recognized Bachelor’s degree of 3 years duration in any discipline with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects are eligible to apply for the admission to MCA at any government college. They have to appear for the state level common entrance examination for taking admission in the government colleges.
16th March 2017, 08:13 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for doing MCA course, have a look over it.

Candidates those who have completed their BCA course from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the MCA course.
Candidates must have to qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the respective State Council of National Council to get admission in different Colleges.
Most of the Colleges ask for candidates having Mathematics in class 12th. Since you have mathematics in BCA, you will not going to face any problem in MCA admission.
17th March 2017, 08:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those candidates who have completed B.Tech/B.E in CSE/IT, BCA, B,Sc in CS/IT, B.Sc in Mathematics from a recognized University are eligible for MCA course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?