6th March 2017, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to sit in campus placement if I have a drop in second year of B.Tech?

I have a drop in second year of B.Tech. Am I eligible to sit in open campus selection of any company or the source of getting job is only by giving walk in interviews? Please give me a guidance on this which will be helpful for me on the next steps. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in TCS On-Campus Interview for a candidate with academic gaps?
  2. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 57% marks in 12th?
  3. Am I eligible to attend the campus placement if I have only 57% marks in 12th?
  4. Am I eligible to site in campus placement with 60% above throughout studies?
  5. Am i eligible for campus placement with 65% in BE?
  6. Is giving 12th again through NIOS during my engineering worth to be eligible for campus recruitment's?
  7. Can I get a job in campus placement after one year drop during engineering?
  8. Will it be a problem for me to get a job in private companies coming for placement if I have 1 year drop after 1st year of college?
  9. Am I eligible to sit in campus placement with 57 percentage marks in 12th?
  10. Eligibility criteria for Infosys placement drive? Am i eligible for it with 58% marks in B.Tech?
  11. Is there any chance for me to get job in private companies via campus placement if I have 4 backlogs?
  12. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 86% in 10th, 81% in 12th and 60% in all semester
  13. Am I eligible to apply for TCS campus placement if I have scored only 56.84% marks in 10th?
  14. Will I be able to sit in campus placement for Infosys, Wipro, Accenture or TCS after scoring 64% in 10th, 68% marks in 12th and 80% in B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to become eligible for off campus recruitment drive of Syntel company?
  16. Am I eligible for campus placements with 4 backlogs?
  17. If I get a drop of 1 year in 2nd year in engineering then will it affect my career? Will I get a chance for campus placement?
  18. List of companies which I am eligible for campus placements if have more than 60% marks throughout studies?
7th March 2017, 03:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit in campus placement if I have a drop in second year of B.Tech?

No, I am sorry to say that you are not allowed to sit for open campus selection of any company, as because you are having a backlog in second year. No company will accept the candidates having backlogs. So, in order to apply for open campus placement, at first you have to clear the pending backlog. Yes, you can get a job by walk in interviews. But, there also most of the companies will as you for the same thing, clearance of your backlog. So, it would be better to clear your pending backlogs and then apply.
8th March 2017, 06:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit in campus placement if I have a drop in second year of B.Tech?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to sit in Campus Placements with drop in B.Tech. But I can also say that, there are some of the companies that allow candidates who have year gap in academics. So the basic criteria required generally varies from company to company. TCS allows maximum of 1 year gap in order to sit in their recruitment process and some of the companies don't allow. So I suggest you to first check the eligibility criteria of a company as it varies generally and then you can apply for the recruitment.
8th March 2017, 08:41 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

This will not be a problem if you clear your backlog papers in the next year. The minimum eligibility required to get the job is that the candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% in his 10+2 and minimum 60% (overall) in graduation also. Some of the MNC like WIPRO, TCS hires the candidate who has scored 50% in his graduation and 60% in 10+2. So, if you fulfill this requirement then you are eligible to sit in the interview.
9th March 2017, 01:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a drop in second year of B.Tech. Am I eligible to sit in open campus selection of any company or the source of getting job is only by giving walk in interviews? Please give me a guidance on this which will be helpful for me on the next steps. Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for campus placement if you fulfill below given criteria.

General eligibility criteria:-

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for campus placement is 60%.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for IT companies recruitment process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?