15th August 2017, 07:12 PM
rockooooo

Can I become an engineer after completion of BCA and MCA?

Can I become an engineer after completion of BCA and MCA? Will it be same as doing B.Tech course? Can you please give me the details on this? Will I be able to apply for the jobs which are for the engineering? Awaiting for the response soon.

16th August 2017, 11:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an engineer after completion of BCA and MCA?

No, one who has completed BCA and MCA is not eligible to become engineer because to become engineer a candidate must have completed Bachelor of Technology and master in technology in interested field.
If you are interested to become engineer then you have to do BTech from a recognised University and that can be done on the basis of 12th standard. But it would be of no use. You can make your future bright in the computer application filled by studying more or by doing job in company.
17th August 2017, 09:10 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an engineer one must hold bachelor of technology ( B.Tech/B.E.) degree for must.

So being a BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) and MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) degree holder you cannot apply for jobs which requires engineers specifically as BCA or MCA degree are not equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
17th August 2017, 07:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot get the degree of engineer unless he or she have passed the B.Tech or B.E degree in any discipline.

So, you are not eligible to become an engineer after pursuing bachelor or master degree in master of computer application.

Yes, but if you have better knowledge in any particular core subject as like computer science you can also apply on your qualification.

Not all the jobs only require B.Tech or B.E candidates. The basic required qualification is bachelor degree from a recognised university.
17th August 2017, 09:48 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The bachelor's degree for engineering is Bachelor of Technology or Engineering. You can not be designated as Engineering after Bachelor of Computer Applications and Master's degree in computer applications.

2. There are some posts in Information technology companies where BCA+MCA is considered equivalent to Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or Information technology.

3. You can apply for GATE exam to get admission in M.Tech after MCA course.
18th August 2017, 10:23 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

As you are a computer field student you can become a software engineer or computer engineer after MCA.
I will suggest you to work as a intern in software engineering companies for at least 2 years after which you can work independent as a software engineer in named companies.
18th August 2017, 08:28 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) and MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) degree holder you are not eligible to become an engineer in any field as to be an engineer you must hold Bachelor of Technology/Engineering degree.

Also BCA and MCA degree is not considered as a degree equivalent to B.Tech/B.E. degree so you are not eligible to apply for the jobs which are available for engineers only.

One thing I would like to mention here that you should not worry to become an engineer as BCA and MCA degree offers plenty of job opportunities in software world.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?