22nd April 2016, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a software engineer after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed my BSC (CS) in A.U.in the last year in Andhra Pradesh.How to get a software engineer job in Andhra Pradesh? Can you please tell me what exactly the steps which I need to follow next to become the software engineer? Awaiting for the response.

25th April 2016, 11:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a software engineer after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed my BSC (CS) in A.U.in the last year in Andhra Pradesh.How to get a software engineer job in Andhra Pradesh? Can you please tell me what exactly the steps which I need to follow next to become the software engineer? Awaiting for the response.
The candidate should study MCA to get a job in software companies as a software engineer. It is very difficult to get a Software engineer job with B.Sc Computer Science graduation, because many companies recruit only B.E/B.Tech or MCA graduates. So, you may not have a chance to get a job in those companies. So you should study MCA, with MCA qualifications you can try for all the companies for the software engineer post. The competition is very high for this post, so you have to score very good marks in your studies and also should prepare well to clear the interview.
26th April 2016, 10:41 AM
Ashwakh

Default Re: What should I do to become a software engineer after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?

To become a Software engineer ,

* You should have Good communication skills
* You should be good at any one of the following Software courses. This is more important.

1. C-Language and C++
2. Java (Core java , Adv java , J2EE , Struts , Hybernate , Springs )
3. Oracle (SQL,Pl/Sql , D2K , Oracle applications frame work ,etc.)
4. Dot net
5. Phyton
6. Testing tools
7. SAP (Pi , Bo , Bi , Bw , Hana , Abap , CRM , etc.)

You should complete anyone of the above mentioned software courses and you should practice it well . There will be more questions in the interview about your course which you will mention in your Resume.

After completion of your Course , you should prepare your resume well by mentioning all your Key Skills perfectly and Software tools which are well known with.

After that , you should upload your resume in the job portals like ,

www.naukri.com
www.shine.com
www.monsterindia.com
www.timesjobs.com

The recruiters of difference companies will see your profile and they will call you for the interview.
26th April 2016, 07:48 PM
january2016

To get a software engineer job, you need to apply for the campus recruitment drive organised by different companies. Even you can attend it from your college.

If you are a passed out student then, it will be better for you to apply for any interview through job finding website like:

1. www.Naukri.com
2. www.shine.com
3. ww.monster.com

** These are the best job finding website. Just upload your updated resume with good
cover letter and you will start getting a call withing 7 days.

Since, you are in last year, so you can take help of your Training and placement
officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?