23rd June 2016, 12:25 PM
d rout

What should I do after completion of 12th to become an software engineer?

What should I do after completion of 12th to become an software engineer? Can you please let me know the information on this? What all courses I need to do to ensure that I will get through and get the software engineer course? Awaiting for the response.

24th June 2016, 04:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of 12th to become an software engineer?

The candidate who is interested to become Software Engineer must have passed class XII with physics, chemistry and mathematics with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories from recognised board. You have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination that is conducted every year. Once you will qualify this entrance exam then you will be given the course accordingly on the basis of rank obtained by you in the merit list.
24th June 2016, 10:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of 12th to become an software engineer?

To become a Software Engineer after completion of your 12th standard, you should have to pursue your higher studies i.e., Graduation in B.E or B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering) course.

The main reason that you need to pursue this course is you can learn programming languages like C, C++, JAVA, etc.,. which are required for Software Engineer job. You can also learn how to code, programming, creating web pages, designing websites, etc.,.

You will get placements while pursuing your B.Tech (CSE) final year there you need to showcase your talent and skills that are required for company then, definitely you can get a job as a Software Engineer. You can also pursue Master's degree in CSE after completion of your B.Tech (CSE) course and after that you can get job as a Software Engineer.
25th June 2016, 02:12 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

To become a software Engineer, You should have good understanding of some famous programing languages like C,C++, C# , J2EE, Advance JAVA,Zoomla, Ruby on rails, etc..

Now if you are in 12th Std then you should give some entrance exams like JEE-Mains and some state level entrance exams and after that you can easily get admission in B.Tech course in good engineering colleges. And you should Computer Science streams or IT to get core knowledge of above mentioned programing languages.
Your concept of Programing should be very clear, Then only software companies will hire you for software related works and you will become a good software engineer.

Some of famous and reputed IT companies for Software domain are as below:

TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys, Oracle, SAP, and in India more than 2000 software companies is there which are doing a very good business in India. So the first thing you need to do is to give entrance exam for admission in engineering and then after completing engineering course with a very good percentage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?