21st August 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job in IBM with 4 years study gap?

I have 4 years study gap between intermediate to degree. but there is no backlogs (I have some health problems) 78% in 10th / 66% in intermediate / 83% in B.Se Degree / 85% in MCA //// can i get a job in IBM?? With 4 years of study gap??

Related Questions:
  1. Whether 2 years gap in academics will create any issue if cleared HCL and IBM interviews?
  2. Gap in Interview period of IBM for experience holder?
  3. Can I get a job after 1 year gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after PG?
  4. Eligibility criteria of ACCENTURE, IBM, TCS and INFOSYS for B.Tech students? Which one of these IT companies do/don't allow 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech.? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible for HCL campus drive after clearing two backlogs and having more than 60% marks throughout?
  6. Can I get a job if I have 1 year Gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after MBA(HR)?
  7. How to get admission after passing 12th with 5 years study gap?
  8. Minimum gap between two interviews in IBM?
  9. Can I apply for job in IBM?
  10. How could I get Job in IBM having completed BCA course?
  11. Can I apply for jobs in Wipro and TCS even if I have finished my B.Sc degree in 4 years?
  12. How to get Job in IT field after completion of MCA but having a gap of 3 years after B.Sc?
  13. List of Companies(preferably I.T) which considers more than 2 years gap in education for job?
  14. If I have 3 years gap in between BSc and MCA and have done B.Ed course between the gap then can I mention it in my resume?
  15. Continuing studies after 9 years of gap in Abroad is possible? Details of MBA or any other possible courses that can be done?
  16. Name of companies considering students with less than 60% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech?
  17. After working as a trainee in IT company can I try out a job in IT industry or government job in Indian Oil, HP etc if Have 3 years Gap between my previous job?
  18. What to do to get a job having long years gap after education with no work experience?
10th September 2014, 12:56 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Can I get a job in IBM with 4 years study gap?

GETTING A JOB IN IBM WITH 4 YEARS STUDY GAP?:

As such there is no specific eligibility criteria posted by IBM on the study gap but usually companies like IBM won't encourage study gaps and they will make sure only when a proper reason is given the candidate will be taken in. So, for the aptitude test you will be allowed to give if you satisfy the below eligibility criteria,

-> 60% above throughout studies i.e 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree.

-> No current backlogs.

-> Good technical and communication skills.

Once you clear the aptitude test you will move to the interview round where there is 90% chance of you being questioned on your study gap. So, make sure that you will be prepare for this question and if they find that your reason is valid then probably you will be taken in for the job!
4th July 2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a job in IBM with 4 years study gap?

Hi I have attended the IBM IT support interview and previous I have a 1 year of experience in IT Support role. But I have a academic gap between my 10Th and Diploma,It due to some of my family financial issues. But I My resume only about the academic qualification and I have not mention passed out years.Is there any problem with this. They have asked only about the experience and not about my academics.
8th July 2015, 09:42 AM
pointer01

There is no such issue on the year gap between intermediate and degree.But you must have the certifite reason for that.You can apply for IBM recruitment exam.There eligibility is-

1-60% in 10th.
2-60% in 12th.
3-60% in graduation without current backlogs.
30th July 2021, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed my BTech in 5 years..actually it was supposed to complete in four years ..due to some health issues I took 6 months extra..my BTech year was 2012 -2016 ..but I completed in 2017 . 6 months gap It took..Please help me out this ..Am i eligible for big companies like IBM, TCS,Accenture.. please someone clear this to me.

Awaiting for your response
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?