9th December 2016, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I join the Indian Navy if I have 2 years of experience in Merchant Navy?

Respected Sir, I have been working as a Merchant Navy for 2 years, Now I want to join the Indian Navy so I want to know can I join the Indian Navy if I have 2 years of experience as Merchant Navy? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

31st January 2017, 06:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join the Indian Navy if I have 2 years of experience in Merchant Navy?

For Indian navy you need to have right qualification along with age. If you are a class 12th candidates with age below 21 years, then you can apply for position in Indian navy which are not of officers level. For NDA and NA exam age should be below 19 years. Hence, make sure you have the age before applying.

If you are a graduate, then you can apply for exams like CDS and short service commission in Indian navy. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and SSB interview. Merchant navy experience is not going to help you get selected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?