9th January 2017, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Which one to choose between software development and software testing if am from EEE branch?

I am a passed out student EEE branch. I am confused about whether I will go in software development or software testing? Can you please give me the right suggestion on which one would be better? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

14th January 2017, 04:51 PM
hardwellonair

Default Re: Which one to choose between software development and software testing if am from EEE branch?

Hi,
In my opinion both have their pros and Cons.
Software testing is process used to recognize the accuracy fulfillment and nature of the created PC programming. It incorporates an arrangement of exercises led with the aim of discovering blunders in programming so it could be rectified before item discharged to the end clients. In basic words programming testing is an action to check whether genuine outcomes coordinate the normal outcomes and to guarantee that product framework is perfect.

software development used to consult the activity of pc programming, that is the manner of writing and preserving the supply code, however in a broader experience of the term it includes all that is worried between the idea of the desired software program through to the final manifestation of the software program, ideally in a deliberate and dependent method.

Hope this helps!
15th January 2017, 02:02 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: Which one to choose between software development and software testing if am from EEE branch?

Hi,

It is not that one is better and other is not. Both are in demand. Both goes hand in hand. Software development is all about development of programs/codes to make system/software work as per the intention. On the other hand software testing is all about verifying and validating whether system has been built as per design and whether it will serve the intended purpose or no? No software can go in production without testing. There is huge demand for both type of professionals. It all depends on your liking.

If you like to code and love to play with java, c++, python, you should go for software development. If you have critical eye for software testing and if you are good at finding bug from the softwares, then, you should choose testing as your career path.

Both developers and testers get opportunity to work in top companies across the world. The company which develops software will require tester to test that. In testing also, there is manual and automation testing. Automation testing is well in demand. Industry is looking for person with programming knowledge apart from testing domain knowledge to write test script and to execute it.

First analyse, what excites you, what is your passion, and based on that, choose the field. And you can always switch from one role to another in intial years. So don't worry. Focus on learning

Let me know, if you need any further help on this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?