31st May 2014, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

What are engineers supposed to do in BPO jobs? Can one get more salary hike in short time?

I've always wondered what engineers are supposed to do in BPO.Recently one of my seniors got campus placed for a BPO job at IBM (ECE graduate).Can one get more salary hike (also in position )in short time when compared to software engineer.I would be helpful if anyone could can make doubt clear.Thanks in advance.

17th August 2014, 01:28 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: What are engineers supposed to do in BPO jobs? Can one get more salary hike in short time?

ENGINEERS IN BPO:

This can be one of the worst combination ever can happen where a Engineering candidate ending up with BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) job. "No" there is no way the candidate who is working in BPO sector will get more hike when compared with the Software jobs. First of all the initial salary given in BPO will be half of what you will get in the Software jobs.

When it's half the salary of a software job then there is no point in discussing of the hikes in BPO cause that will be less when compared with the software job. So, never try to settle down yourself with a BPO job it will not help you for a longer run.

Probably if there is no other job you got when you are out from college then you can opt for it and by the same time search for the Software jobs outside and jump to it in certain period of time. BPO jobs will be tiring at times when they call you for night shifts and doing Engineering and being in BPO job forever is something which is not good for an individual as you don't need Engineering to do a BPO job which just needs some good communication skills and there is no technical brain used for the job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?