1st May 2015, 04:37 AM
Unregistered

Will there be proper growth of Civil engineer in Cognizant when compared to IT engineers?

I got placed in Cognizant. The problem is I am from civil engineering background I am a fresher. Will there be proper growth when compared to IT engineers? I also have another construction company offer but I am passionate about CTS. What should I do? Please help. Thank you.

7th May 2015, 01:12 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be proper growth of Civil engineer in Cognizant when compared to IT engineers?

There is no work of civil engineering in Cognizant since Cognizant does not work on that sector. So you will have completely IT based job. If you want to stick to your domain and build your career in your domain you should opt for the job offer given by the construction company. Since you are passionate about CTS which means IT field, so you should go for CTS. The training facilities are excellent and if you are dedicated and hardworking you can do wonders. There are numerous cases when non-CS/IT students have topped the training of various IT companies. So go for CTS if you are passionate. Make sure you complete Eugenics properly and learn fundamentals of programming properly before joining CTS. Growth is completely performance based; so if you perform well you can definitely enjoy growth in CTS.
15th May 2015, 11:13 PM
Cisco India

Smile Re: Will there be proper growth of Civil engineer in Cognizant when compared to IT engineers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got placed in Cognizant. The problem is I am from civil engineering background I am a fresher. Will there be proper growth when compared to IT engineers? I also have another construction company offer but I am passionate about CTS. What should I do? Please help. Thank you.

Yes, there will be proper growth of you and your carrier in Cognizant. Since, freshers as well as the experienced employee are put into different bench and not in the same bench, so you will be evaluated among the freshers colleagues only. So, you need not to worry just perform very well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?