13th November 2016, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Is the work experience of technical support counts when applying in core engineering jobs or not?

I have done my engineering in discipline ECE, I am getting opportunities in KPOs (Technical support), if I have to join the core engineering field after this job does the experience KPO counts or not? Will this work experience help? Please guide me on this.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is important course for government job? What can I do now for job?
  2. List of core electrical company jobs for freshers -- [New]
  3. Business ideas for start-up for BBM graduate with 5 years of experience as Technical Support Representative?
  4. How to get a job in a Core Company? What are the requirements and how should one prepare?
  5. What is the difference between TCS BPS and TCS IT? Tell me about the variance in terms of payscale also?
  6. Suitable job opportunities for an experienced Telecom Troubleshooter?
  7. Can i find job at Shipyard after passing 12th with 80% marks?
  8. Eligibility Criteria to Join Infosys or HCL for an experienced Technical Support Engineer
  9. List core companies in Chennai offering jobs to ECE students? How to get job in these companies with 8 months experience as Service Engineer?
  10. Should I clear all the Backlogs in one attempt to get a job in MNC's?
  11. Salary of fresher at Infosys BPO?
  12. Will I be able to get job in reputed IT and BPO sector after passing XI and XII from NIOS?
  13. Will i get a job in Infosys, HCL....and other companies. I have vey good marks in B.E but less in puc.
  14. MBA, MCA or Certification course after BCA and 3 months of work experience in Technical Support?
  15. What is the scope of getting jobs in core companies after completion of B.E Electrical and Instrumentation with 8 years of IT experience?
  16. Is work experience helpful before doing MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Will the Indian Experience work abroad(In UK)? How to get work visa in UK?
  18. Procedure to apply for job at Core Automobile companies having industrial internship experience at HAL?
15th November 2016, 09:16 PM
monu2681992

Default Re: Is the work experience of technical support counts when applying in core engineering jobs or not?

It depends on the job profile that you will be getting in your next company.

Say for example, if your next company will also be KPO then your previous job experience in KPO will be counted but if your job profile is going to be as a software engineer or developer then your previous company experience will not get counted although you worked in technical domain.

SO, it depends on the job profile you have been hired for or applying for.
16th November 2016, 01:01 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the work experience of technical support counts when applying in core engineering jobs or not?

Yes, the work experience as Technical support will definitely be accepted and counted by any company irrespective whether it core or not. If you want to switch to a core domain then the experience will not have much impact and use on the new job opportunity. If you are flexible enough with your switching, then you can achieve any thing better than current. It can be definitely helpful in the long run.
16th November 2016, 10:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that the work experience in Technical Support division will not be counted if you are willing to apply for jobs in core companies as the fields will be poles apart and there are no similarities between them.

It will only benefit you if you apply for job in the same field in any other organization.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?