11th October 2016, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Admission criteria to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University?

My son want to study his Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University. I don't know whether Higher Secondary is available or not in AMU. But I want to know about the admission criteria for Higher Secondary in AMU. Kindly tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University for 9th BSEB student?
  2. Admission procedure to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University for 10th NIOS candidate?
  3. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University if studying in Doha, Qatar?
  4. Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required to get Higher Secondary Science admission in Aligarh Muslim University? -- [New]
  5. Is there any entrance exam available to study Higher Secondary Science in Aligarh Muslim University? Cutoff marks required to qualify and get admission?
  6. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University if completed Matriculation from Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education?
  7. Procedure to get admission in B.Com at AMU?
  8. What is the procedure and requirements for taking admission in AMU after passing 10th from JKBSE?
  9. Eligibility to appear in AMUEEE for Diploma holder?
  10. How can I get admission in 11th standard of Aligarh Muslim University being a 10th ICSE candidate?
  11. Is NIOS Senior Secondary certficate recognized by Aligarh Muslim University?
  12. Eligibility criteria for admission in M.A.(Arabic) at Aligarh Muslim University?
  13. How can I get Lateral Entry to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University being a Polytechnic IT holder?
  14. How to get admission in Aligarh Muslim University? What is the criteria?
  15. How can I get admission to study Bachelor of Fine Arts in Aligarh Muslim University?
  16. Procedure to get admission to study B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University?
  17. Requirements to get admission in Aligarh Muslim University to study 11th Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How can I get admission to study B.S(Mathematics) in Aligarh Muslim University?
14th October 2016, 08:46 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Admission criteria to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University?

AMU stands for Aligarh Muslim University and it is Central University of India which offers admission in various higher secondary school degree, undergraduate degree course, postgraduate degree course.

Yes AMU does offers admission in higher secondary school degree in Sciense, Commerce, Arts and Humanities stream. Also for getting admission in this course one need to qualify in AMU SSSC entrance examination. Also for appearing in AMU SSSC entrance examination the minimum qualification which your son must have are as following :-

1) Your son's age must not be under 15 years.

2) Your son must have completed his secondary school degree with a recognized board of examination with at least 45% aggregate.

For more queries and details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.amu.org.in.
14th October 2016, 12:01 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission criteria to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University?

Yes, AMU offers admission of candidates in the Ist, VIth and IXth standard so if your son want to get the admission he has to appear and qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the university.

The application form will be released in month of January. The age limit to get admission in the school is :-

I - 5-7 years.

VI - 10-12 years.

IX - 13-15 years.

The required educational qualification is that the candidate must have passed the recent class ( previous class ) with minimum passing marks from a recognised board.
14th October 2016, 12:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

To study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University you have to appear for AMU Entrance Test. The entrance test is generally conducted in the month of March/April.

Eligibility to appear for the test is pass in 10th standard with an aggregate of 45% marks from a recognized board.

The candidate who qualifies in the admission test is called for counselling and admissions are offered by allotting seats in Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University.

One can get all the details regarding this entrance test from the official website of AMU @ http://www.amu.org.in
14th October 2016, 02:43 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son want to study his Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University. I don't know whether Higher Secondary is available or not in AMU. But I want to know about the admission criteria for Higher Secondary in AMU. Kindly tell me asap.

Admission Criteria in Aligarh Muslim University to study Higher Secondary is given below;

The admissions to class 11 in AMU are done on the basis of AMU Class 11 Entrance Test conducted by the University each year. The students who have passed in class 10th or equivalent with 45% marks in Science, Mathematics and English shall be eligible for the entrance test conducted by the university for the admission to 11th standard. The admission will be done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance test. The students will be admitted to class 11 through counseling.
14th October 2016, 03:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Aligarh Muslim University offers the admission in Higher Secondary in three stream Science, Commerce and Humanities.

The university conducts the entrance examination for admission in the course. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10th from any recognised board.

Candidate must have minimum 45% in the Science, Mathematics and English.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for entrance examination to get the admission in the school affiliated with AMU.
14th October 2016, 06:40 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely Higher Secondary studies are available at AMU.
Candidates those who are willing to take admission in Higher Secondary at AMU, must have completed their class 10th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 70% of marks in it.
Admission is based on the merit list which means based on the performance in the Entrance test conducted by the AMU itself.
14th October 2016, 09:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the Aligarh Muslim University offers Higher Secondary course in Science, Commerce and Humanities stream. Candidates who have passed SSC or equivalent examination with 45% aggregate of Science, Mathematics and English subjects taken together are eligible to apply for admission to Higher Secondary course in Aligarh Muslim University.

Admissions to Higher Secondary course in Aligarh Muslim University are done through Admission Test conducted by AMU. You need to appear, qualify and secure good marks in admission test to be eligible to get admission to study Higher Secondary course in Aligarh Muslim University.
14th October 2016, 10:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The Aligarh Muslim University offers Higher Secondary course in three different streams namely Science, Commerce and Humanities stream. You should have passed SSC or an equivalent examination with aggregate of 45% marks of Science, Mathematics and English subjects taken together from a recognised board. You have to appear and qualify the admission test conducted by AMU and need to participate in counselling process to get admission to study Higher Secondary course in Aligarh Muslim University.
14th October 2016, 11:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, HSC is available in the Aligarh Muslim University and there are only three stream in HSC as Science, Commerce and Humanities.

So, if you want to get the admission in any of the stream you have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination for the admission in the school.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed 10th from any recognised board with minimum 45% in the Mathematics, English and Science.

To get more detail about examination visit at www.amu.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?