19th April 2016, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it advisable to move from CBSE board to state board after 8th standard?

My daughter has studied 8th standard in dav Public school in Hyderabad i want to join her in fiitzee world school in hyd affiliated to state board is it preferable? Is it advisable to move from CBSE board to state board after 8th standard? Can you please advice?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to get admission in 8th CBSE for 14 years old 7th State Board student?
  2. Possibility to get admission in 8th CBSE board for 7th ICSE candidate?
  3. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  4. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  5. Is it good to change board from CBSE to Kerala state while studying in 7th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  7. What are the benefits of transferring from BSEB to CBSE?
  8. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  9. How many MBBS seats are reserved for CBSE student in Gujarat? Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board after completing 10th?
  10. Best board of education between Haryana Board and CBSE?
  11. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Andhra Pradesh State Board to study in 11th standard?
  12. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  13. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  14. Which Board is more valuable among Madhya Pradesh State Board and CBSE?
  15. What are the eligibility criteria for CET, Karnataka? I have done schooling up to 7th std(CBSE board) from Saudi Arabia and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th through CBSE board
  16. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  17. Which is advisable for Medical preparation CBSE or State Board?
  18. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
19th April 2016, 09:18 PM
senguptaphysics

Default Re: Is it advisable to move from CBSE board to state board after 8th standard?

There is no harm in switching provided you continue to stay in the same state and the school is good. It will ensure that your child will be in good company which is essential . Sticking to CBSE helps you in getting admission anywhere in the country. If that is not an issue then why not?
19th April 2016, 09:28 PM
harsh590
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is it advisable to move from CBSE board to state board after 8th standard?

Hello,

First of all it is totally your decision to change.

But one important point I would like to mention is that the studies and examination pattern of State Boards are quite different and little harder and tougher than the CBSE Boards.

So according to your daughter's calliber and her choice you can take the decision.
19th April 2016, 10:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can join your daughter in State Board school which has more value than CBSE Board school. Its upto you whether to transfer to your child from CBSE Board school to State Board school. To transfer your daughter from CBSE Board school to State Board school, you must have to get Transfer Certificate, Bonafide Certificate, previous standard Marks sheet, etc.,. from CBSE Board school and you need to submit it in CBSE Board school for getting admission in State Board school.
20th April 2016, 01:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the reason based on which you want to do this transfer. Usually it is recommended not to transfer students from one board of education to another when he/she is nearing tenth standard as he/she needs to adjust again to a new surrounding as well as new curriculum. You should not change the board of education unless there is strong reason like she is unable to cope up with the CBSE curriculum or there are some family or financial issues, etc.
20th April 2016, 07:48 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, it is advisable for your daughter to remain in the same board itself and not to shift her board from CBSE to State after 8th standard as it will not be a good idea because it can have an effect on her studies due to the sudden change in education pattern. Moreover, CBSE board is preferred over state board due to may reasons such as CBSE board allows students to enhance their abilities in more than one field, i.e. co-curricular activities.

Most of the entrance examinations nowadays do follow CBSE education pattern and therefore, it will be beneficial for your child in future, if she opts for any such entrance examination.
21st April 2016, 01:06 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter has studied 8th standard in dav Public school in Hyderabad i want to join her in fiitzee world school in hyd affiliated to state board is it preferable? Is it advisable to move from CBSE board to state board after 8th standard? Can you please advice?
The CBSE is one of the recognized boards nationally. The CBSE syllabus will help the students in the future, when they appear for entrance examinations like engineering and medical. If the student studied in one board it will be helpful to him and shifting will disturb him slightly. If you want you can change board to state board. There is no hard and fast rule. If you think that state board is better you can change.
21st April 2016, 04:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

My advise for your daughter will be not to change the School from CBSE Board to any of the State Board School after completion of 8th standard. Changing the School in this situation will not be a good decision as it will affect the Studies of the Student if she suddenly face a different study.
Moreover, CBSE Board Schools are regarded better than the State Board Schools as the students of the CBSE have an advantage over the State Board as the syllabus of the CBSE will be the same all over the nation. In case any students want to transfer from one state to another, the transition will be easier for them. This would not be similar in case of the State syllabus students. It would be difficult for some to adjust to the syllabus of another Government school.
23rd January 2017, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

My son is studying 8th standard in a CBSE school. He scores 60 to 70 %. Is it advisable to shift him to state board in 9th standard or continue in CBSE. If he scores low marks in 10th will he be able to get 2nd group ( maths, physics,chemistry and computer science ) in 11th standard state board syllabus.
2nd April 2017, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

My son is in second standard in Gujarat board. He scored b and a grade in his exams. For standard 3 should I change his board to CBSE from Gujarat board?
16th August 2017, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my child from CBSE board to Andhra Pradesh state board after 8th class
21st August 2019, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

My son is in7th stadard ssingh spring dale school of cbse board nd i want to shift him in Deccan English medium school but SSc board is there so what can i do plz suggest
20th January 2020, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Can we change my daughter from CBSE to SSC in 9th std because she is unable to cope up especially maths with CBSE and she is not confident. I think that SSC may be easy for her. Please advice
7th August 2020, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to change my daughter from CBSE school to kerala state board school while studying in 8th std?
15th August 2020, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Can a student change get admitted to state board Xth std after CBSE 9th std?
27th April 2022, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Is it advisable to change my 5th std son's education from Maharashtra board to CBSE board?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?