3rd August 2016, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I Eligible to pursue CA after 12th Class without Commerce or Economy subjects? Entrance Exams to pursue CA Course?

Hello sir/madam, I am Anand. I have completed +2 but I have not studied Commerce or Economy subjects during 12th level. Can I become CA with this criteria? If yes, what are the entrance exams available to appear in in order to become join CA Course?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue BCA or MCA after completing class 12th (Commerce) without Mathematics and Computer Science as subjects?
  2. Is it possible to pursue M.Sc IT after completing class 12th with Commerce stream?
  3. What are the courses that I can pursue after completing class 12th (Commerce) with Economics? Can I pursue CA course?
  4. What should I do after Graduation in B.Sc. to become a Physician?
  5. What Should I pursue B.Com or B.Com Hons to pursue CA course?
  6. Can I pursue Psychology after completing class 12th (Commerce)? Which Colleges in Mumbai offers Psychology course and how much should I score in class 12th for admission?
  7. What are the courses available that I can pursue after completing class 12th (Commerce with Maths) which can enable me to learn and earn together?
  8. Am I eligible to pursue B.Sc after completing class 12th in Vocational stream?
  9. What to do next after class 9 to become a Software Engineer? -- [New]
  10. Can I study BCA after completing IB Diploma?
  11. How can I pursue Fashion Designing course after class 12th Commerce?
  12. Can I pursue MCA if I did not have Maths as a subject in class 12th?
  13. Can I pursue BCA and MCA courses without having Mathematics in 12th Class?
  14. Am I Eligible to get admission to pursue B.Com from DU with 83.6% marks in 12th Commerce?
  15. How to continue with MCA after completing B.A in open university of Mysore -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to become a Software Engineer after the completion of class 12th Commerce stream? Which course do I have to pursue?
  17. Can I pursue BCA course after completing class 12th with Arts stream without Maths, Physics and Chemistry as subjects?
  18. Can I pursue M.Sc integrated course in Electronic Media with Commerce stream in class 12th?
3rd August 2016, 08:01 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I Eligible to pursue CA after 12th Class without Commerce or Economy subjects? Entrance Exams to pursue CA Course?

Yes, you can pursue CA after 12th Class without Commerce or Economy subjects.

Admission to CA (Chartered Accountancy) course is made through entrance exam named CPT. CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. CPT is conducted by Institute of Cost Accountants of India twice a year generally in the month of June and December.

Eligibility criteria to apply for CA-CPT are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with any percentage of marks from a recognized board of Education. The candidate awaiting for 10+2 result can also apply for the CPT exam.

-There is no restriction on age limit to apply for this Course.

-Syllabus for CPT exam :

Accounting,

Mercantile Laws,

General Economics, and

Quantitative Aptitude .
3rd August 2016, 08:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I Eligible to pursue CA after 12th Class without Commerce or Economy subjects? Entrance Exams to pursue CA Course?

CA is open to any stream candidates who have passed class 12th from a recognized board of education. Hence, don't worry and just get yourself registered for CA CPT.

After getting registered for CPT, you need to clear it with qualifying marks to become eligible for CA IPCC. Just prepare according to the syllabus of CPT.
4th August 2016, 02:38 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can do CA after completion of your graduation also, there is no harm in it. However, below I have mentioned some details regarding the course.

KIndly have a look at it.

Eligibility for CA:

> Candidate should have completed his/her +2 level of examination from a recognized University

> Candidates having cleared their graduation in B.Com will however be exempted from Competency Professional Test(not for those candidates who have scored less than 55% in their graduation).

Entrance examination for CA;

CPT is considered as the entrance examination for CA course. The total marks for this examiantion is 400 marks and the time duration is 4 hours. It however consists of 4 topics, namely;

> Fundamentals of Accounting

> Mercantile Law

> General Economics

> Quantitative Aptitudes

NOTE: Negative marks are there for any wrong answer.

http://www.icai.org.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?