23rd May 2017, 11:00 AM
R B HARSHITA

NEET eligibility if failed in mathematics

Sir, I got qualified marks in NEET, but I failed in mathematics of 12 the class Am I eligible for NEET? Please, tell me and I have PCB 54%

23rd May 2017, 11:39 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NEET eligibility if failed in mathematics

First of all let me tell you that it is compulsory to pass in all the subjects in order to appear for Neet counselling and to get seat for MBBS.
It does not matter that whether it was your additional subject or main subject but still it is compulsory that a candidate must have passed in all the subjects.

23rd May 2017, 12:12 PM
kohli183

NEET Stands National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test

NEET Exam is conducted by CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education)

Candidates should be complete 10+2 with min 50% aggregate from a recognized university

Candidates must have complete 17 years age at the time of admission

23rd May 2017, 03:25 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for NEET. As you mentioned above that your marks in PCB is 54% so you are eligible for this exam. As the compulsory subjects for NEET are Physics, Chemistry and Biology and candidates should get minimum of 50% marks in this group. Thanks

23rd May 2017, 05:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility- Cum- Entrance Test:-

The basic eligibility criteria which is required to appear in National eligibility cum entrance test is 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with at least 50%. As you have failed in your maths subject and you have taken maths as a compulsory subject hence you are not eligible to appear in this medical exam. So you are not eligible to appear Medical Entrance Exam rather after passing your 12th standard you will be eligible to appear in entrance exam.

23rd May 2017, 05:53 PM
mrghost
Member+

Here I will give you eligibility criteria for NEET ( National eligibility cum entrance exam):

> Candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission.

> Upper age limit for candidates is 25 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to Sc / St / OBC categories.

> Candidate must have passed in the subjects of physics, chemistry, biology / biotechnology and English.

> Candidate must obtain minimum of 50% marks in 12th and 40% marks Sc/St categories.

As you are a mathematics student so you are not eligible for this entrance exam.

23rd May 2017, 08:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

It seems that you have opted for Mathematics as an additional subject along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. No, you will not be eligible for admission in MBBS even if you secure good rank in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test whose result is yet to be declared.

Candidates need to clear all papers of 10+2. Your status is fail because you have not secured passing marks in Mathematics.

23rd May 2017, 09:36 PM
rachamallamanoj

To tell its impossible to join the course after failing subjects in 12th. You can take admission through NEET exam only after completing all the subjects in 12th.

NEET stands for National Eligibility entrance exam.
1. For appearing the NEET exam you must pass 12th PCB course.
2. After completing the course only you can take admission.
3. You must at least 50% marks in 12th, if you are from SC/ST caste then minimum marks percentage required in 12th is 40%

12th June 2017, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I have failed in my additional subject math. But have 64% in pcb. And my overall percentile is 82%. And the board says i am passed. Am i eligible for neet 2018..?

9th February 2018, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir as per your eligibility criteria students who have taken maths as their compulsory subject is not eligible to appear in neet 2018 examination But can I apply for neet 2018 examination if my additional subject is taken as biology! ?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?