2nd February 2018, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Air Hostess job after arts or science stream?

I am a 12th commerce student, is there any limitation or condition about the field for Air Hostess such as arts or science? If there is then let me know the same.

2nd February 2018, 07:49 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Air Hostess job after arts or science stream?

No, there are no limitations or conditions regarding the streams and subjects in order to become an air hostess. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard or graduation in any discipline from a recognized institution are eligible for air hostess job. Candidates must be an Indian citizen and should be within 17 to 26 years of age. Candidates must be fluent in English and HIndi language. Candidate should not be over weight and height should be minimum 157.5 cms long. Candidates must be fair in complexion and should have good eyesight. lenses are allowed upto -2d.
2nd February 2018, 07:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for Air hostess course after passing your 12th standard with commerce stream.
The minimum qualification required to appear in the entrance exam of air hostess is 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board.
So, being a Commerce student you are eligible.
2nd February 2018, 08:16 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for Air hostess job after 12th with any stream:-

Eligibility Criteria:-

12th passed graduation in any discipline.

Age Limit:-

Not more than 25 / 27 years.

Minimum Height:-

5 foot 4 / 5 inches( weight according to height)

Other qualities required by Airlines:-

Very good communication skill( Hindi and English both)

Humble and Politeness

Good personality

Frankfinn would be the best to join.
2nd February 2018, 08:55 PM
pruthvi12dba

Air Hostess is the sense of more responsible job, one should have pleasing personality,language proficiency,pleasant voice, good physique.

Eligibility Conditions:

*Graduation in hospitality or in any other stream or HSC(10+2) from a recognized institutions.

*Perfect Vision,Unmarried and between 18 to 26 years of age.

*Minimum height is 5.2" or 157 cm.

*Fair to clear complexion is needed for skin complexion.

*Good Communication skill with English and other foreign languages.

Candidates who fulfills the above criteria can apply for an air hostess job.

Written exam,Group Discussion followed by an interview will be held in the selection process.After clearing all candidates will be given training.
2nd February 2018, 09:08 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Air hostess job after class 12th with any stream:-

10th and 12th marks does not have much to contribute when it comes to air hostess. All you need is to have done your 12th or graduation.

Qualification the candidate should have passed 12th with any stream from a recognised board.

Age limit is 18 to 26 years and you should we unmarried.

Proper eyesight with good communication skills.

Fair and clear complexion is also needed.

Some of the top Air Hostess Training Institutes are:-

Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai

Kingfisher Training Academy, Mumbai

Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Mumbai.
2nd February 2018, 09:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should know that after passing your 12th standard in any discipline you are eligible to apply for Air hostess course but after passing your 12th standard you cannot directly apply for the job of air hostess because you have to complete your course in related stream or subjects.
So I would like to suggest you to complete your 12th standard and after that you have to appear in the entrance test in order to pursue a degree course in air hostess related stream.
2nd February 2018, 10:55 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

No, there is no such criteria that the candidate should be from a science or commerce background, the minimum educational requirement is such that the candidate should have completed his/her 12th level of education from a recognized board and should be fluent is English.

You can apply for the job post mentioned above even if you are from Arts stream, so you need not worry about it.
3rd February 2018, 11:29 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 12th commerce student, is there any limitation or condition about the field for Air Hostess such as arts or science? If there is then let me know the same.

Yes, you can apply for an Air Hostess job after 12th arts or science or any stream. Minimum eligibility to apply for the Air Hostess job is a pass in Class XII in any stream. You have to clear an aptitude test and interview for the selection of Air Hostess job. You should be over 18 years and less than 25 years to become an air hostess. You should hold a valid Indian passport. You should have very good communication skill in English and Hindi. You should have the presence of mind to react quickly at the time of emergency. You should be fit physically & mentally to fly and should have very good stamina to work long hours to become an air hostess.
3rd February 2018, 01:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for the post of Air Hostess:

Basically there is a certain educational qualification that is required in order to be eligible for the post of Air Hostess. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no such stream compulsion required in 12th Class to apply for Air Hostess.

> Candidates must have completed their 12th Class or Graduation from a recognized board or university.

> The minimum age required is 18 years and the maximum age must not exceed 26 years in order to be eligible.

> The minimum height must be 157.5 cms and the weight must be in proportionate to the height of the candidate.

> You must have mastery in English language and any one of the foreign languages preferably.

> Besides this you must have a valid Indian Passport and you must be unmarried to be eligible.
3rd February 2018, 02:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much happy to tell you that there is no such condition of any fixed stream which is required to become an Air Hostess.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination in any discipline from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 45% of marks in it are eligible to become an Air Hostess.
3rd February 2018, 04:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can choose such career because there is no such requirement of a specific stream. You just need to have good communication skills along with pleasing personality.

If you have good height and complexion with excellent communication skills, then you will be fit for this profession.
3rd February 2018, 05:52 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No there is no such limitation related to 12th standard stream. Candidates from any stream (Science, Arts and Commerce) can apply for air hostess job after completion of 12th standard examination. But let me tell you that there are certain criteria that you must have to satisfy in order to be eligible for air hostess job. Below, I have mentioned the general eligibility criteria for air hostess (domestic).
>A candidate must have completed a minimum qualification of 12th standard or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
>Age of the candidate must not be more than 25 years.
>Candidate must poses a minimum height of 154.5 cm.
>Weight of the candidate should be in proportional to the height of the candidate.
>Candidate must have good communication (English and Hindi) and inter personal skills.
>Candidate must have 6/6 eyesight without glasses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?