15th March 2016, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my board from CBSE to state board to score marks for getting a medical seat in future?

I am in 10th .should i change my school from cbsc to state board to get a medical seat that is to get higher marks in 12th board exams. Can someone please let me know the suggestions and advice which I can follow? which will be better for me?

Related Questions:
  1. CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?
  2. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  3. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  4. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  5. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  6. Is it better to continue in CBSE board after 10th or change to State board to go for Engnieering?
  7. What is the procedure followed to change from CBSE board to the other state board?
  8. Should I change my CBSE board to Maharashtra State Board for Medical coaching classes?
  9. Is it true that CBSE board is more tougher than state board? Which board I should join to score good marks?
  10. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  11. Which Board is better to study Science among PSEB and CBSE?
  12. Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?
  13. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Difference between CBSE and State Board?
  15. Should I continue studying in CBSE board if want to become a Doctor?
  16. Can I change board from CBSE to Gujarat Board?
  17. Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?
  18. Can I change board from CBSE to State board after 11th?
15th March 2016, 04:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my board from CBSE to state board to score marks for getting a medical seat in future?

It is not necessary to get admission in medical course you need to pursue Higher state education board.

So, you can pursue higher secondary degree from any board but you need to qualify in medical entrance examination conducted by different organisation for admission in medical examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board. So, you need to focus more on preparation for medical entrance examination.
15th March 2016, 08:12 PM
OnePlus

Default Re: Can I change my board from CBSE to state board to score marks for getting a medical seat in future?

CBSE is the central board of secondary education. This board is come under the union government of India. CBSE has its own syllabus. It also conducts the exam of AIPMT exam.

State board is undertaken by the different government of India. I would suggest you to opt CBSe board as it is mist popular and valuable.
15th March 2016, 08:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Central Board of Secondary Education is the best board to appear for 10+2 standard examinations from any stream like PCM, PCB or commerce or arts streams. In comparison to any state board, CBSE is board in which a candidate can score maximum marks in each subjects and in terms of aggregate also.

So, instead of changing to state board, you must continue with CBSE and work hard to score as much as possible. This board is highly transparent, marking scheme is excellent and step marking is applicable that enables candidate to score higher marks.
15th March 2016, 08:23 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Getting shifted to State board does not approve of you to get a medical seat and it definitely doesn't mean that you will score well in your 12th examination. You can even score well in your 12th and get a medical seat being in CBSE school or any other board, state board is not a factor. So, I would suggest you to remain in your board and try to score well in your 12th first and then in your entrance.
15th March 2016, 08:29 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can definitely change your board from CBSE to State but it will not assure you of good marks in 12th board examination and neither in your medical entrance examination. So, I would personally prefer you to stay back in the board you are in and try to score well in your boar examinations and in your medical entrance later on and get a seat in any medical college later on.
15th March 2016, 08:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you change to CBSE to State Board for your higher secondary education after completion of your Class 10th.

But the objective for changing the board as mentioned you is not clear and not reasonable too because for making a seat for medical colleges basically depends upon your performance in various competitive / entrance examination not importantly on board examination as the marks in board is only required to determine one's eligibility and which is not very high as it lies around 60% only which is quite achievable with CBSE.

So I will suggest you not to change the board due this reason as change of board would mean a different style of education system which might have negative effect on your academics.
15th March 2016, 08:57 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I change my board from CBSE to state board to score marks for getting a medical seat in future?

No, idea is not good because for getting seat in good medical college you need to clear the entrance exam called AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test) conducted by CBSE board .
AIPMT test follows CBSE syllabus and pattern so, in that manners it’s a plus point for CBSE students to score better than any state board student. I suggest you don't leave CBSE board.
15th March 2016, 09:47 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 10th .should i change my school from cbsc to state board to get a medical seat that is to get higher marks in 12th board exams. Can someone please let me know the suggestions and advice which I can follow? which will be better for me?
Yes, you can change board from CBSE to State Board after 10th standard. You have to get the application form from the school you want to join for the admission. You have to collect the mark sheets, conduct certificate, migration certificate, transfer certificate and apply to the new school. So it is very normal in many states to change board after 10th standard. If you still have any doubts you can contact the new school for more details.
15th March 2016, 10:02 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For your kind information i want to tell you that you should not go for the state board from the central board for getting higher marks in 12th board exams. If you study with full of your dedication and with proper schedule then you can score good marks in the CBSE board also. Eve you should prefer the CBSE because CBSE has designed it syllabus pattern in such a way so that you can score good marks in the competitive entrance exam. So my suggestion to you is that never go for changing your board from CBSE and make a time table for regular study. Also take care of your health.
15th March 2016, 10:36 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is advised that you stay in CBSE curriculum and not change your board of education to state board. This is because of the following reasons -

- You will need to adjust to a new curriculum and surrounding.
- There is no need of any second language in CBSE so you can concentrate in the core subjects for medical entrance exams.
- Most of the medical entrance exams have the syllabus at par with the syllabus of CBSE.
- CBSE score is widely accepted across India and even in foreign countries.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?