15th June 2016, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I study JEE Main along with Biology as an additional subject?

I am a student of class 10th and confused whether I can study for JEE Main with pursuing Biology(Medical) or not? Because I have no interest in computers and my school don't offers other choices and I can not change my school due to financial problem. I want to make my career in Astronomy
so can I take Biology as an additional subject?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether Biology becomes the main subject upon disqualifying in Mathematics of 12th WBCHSE?
  2. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a candidate with 95% in 12th CBSE?
  3. Possibility to study B.Tech after 12th with PCBM group but Biology as a Main subject?
  4. Am I eligible to enroll for JEE Main if Maths is my 6th Optional subject?
  5. Should I change my main subject to additional subject or leave that main subject?
  6. Do I need to give the compartment exam for failing in additional subject in 6th semester? -- [New]
  7. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  8. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  9. Admission in Thapar university is possible with 85% in 12th Non-Medical Punjab board?
  10. How to study software engineering if studying 11th with PCMB group and Biology as a main subject?
  11. Can I apply again for JEE Main 2016 after clearing compartmental exam?
  12. What are the career options available after completing 12th Biology other than MBBS? Can a student appear for CPMT having biology as a additional subject in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Mathematics will become optional if score less marks than Biology in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  14. Can I take Biology as my main subject after 12th?
  15. Can I change my subject from Maths to Biology before registration of class 12th?
  16. Syllabus, suitable books for preparation and qualifying marks in JEE Main for Gujarati student?
  17. What should I do first 12th or coaching for JEE Main preparation?
  18. On which topics should I lay stress on for AIIMS exam?
17th June 2016, 05:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study JEE Main along with Biology as an additional subject?

Yes, you can apply for JEE Main if you take PCM with biology stream. This will even make you eligible for medical entrance exams.
There are many students who opt for such subject combination every year because they have interest in engineering as well as medical. For astronomy PCM is a suitable stream.
17th June 2016, 08:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't study JEE Main along with Biology as an additional subject. You can study JEE Main only with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. If you are pursuing your 12th standard with these subjects and if your school allows you to choose Biology as an additional subject for pursuing your 12th standard then, you can study JEE Main along with Biology as an additional subject.
18th June 2016, 11:23 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You must have PCM as the main subjects in your intermediate for appearing in Joint Entrance Exam. If you want to study biology as as additional subject, then there is no problem in JEE application. My suggestion to you is that you should decide your career field and choose the appropriate subjects. There is no benefit of additional subject in intermediate. So make a firm decision for your career and work hard to prove your decision.
18th June 2016, 12:12 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of class 10th and confused whether I can study for JEE Main with pursuing Biology(Medical) or not? Because I have no interest in computers and my school don't offers other choices and I can not change my school due to financial problem. I want to make my career in Astronomy
so can I take Biology as an additional subject?

The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted for the purpose of taking admission to the undergraduate engineering programs in NITs, IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions.
So if you want to study the engineering after 12th in those institutions then you can appear for JEE Main. There is also state level entrance examination in the admission to the engineering colleges in some states. For the engineering and JEE Main, it is not necessary to study Biology as one of the subjects. you can find the details in the JEE Main website Official Website
18th June 2016, 12:26 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main is an Joint Entrance Examination which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for offering admissions to interested candidates in Engineering programs at NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you should pursue your Higher Secondary course with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board. By pursuing Biology subject in your Higher Secondary course, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. So, you can't study Biology subject along with JEE Main and you can pursue Biology as an additional subject along with PCM stream subjects based on you are interest.
29th May 2017, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

If I study biology along with PCM in 11 and 12 std ,can I go for jee exams,or I need computer science only?
31st May 2017, 09:16 AM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Post Re: Can I study JEE Main along with Biology as an additional subject?

Yes, you can study for jee main even though you have biology as an additional subject but you should compulsorily have physics chemistry and maths subject and so there is no problem in studying for jee main you can start preparing for the exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?