25th June 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Can my daughter appear for NEET, if she completed 17 years of age till counseling?

The minimum age to appear in NEET is 17 or my daughter will be 17 till 31st December but as my ward DOB is 19 December 2001. Can she appear in next year NEET, but she will not cross 17 till counseling. Is she will qualify the counseling?

25th June 2017, 09:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my daughter appear for NEET, if she completed 17 years of age till counseling?

Here I am providing you the eligibility to appear for NEET examination. Go through it carefully and I hope after reading this you will get the answer of your query:

> Candidates should have completed their 12th standard with PCB/Biotechnology and English with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.

> The marks required for reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) is 40%.

> The minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum age till this year is 25 years.

> SC/ST/OBC candidates can apply till the age of 30 years.
25th June 2017, 09:46 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my daughter appear for NEET, if she completed 17 years of age till counseling?

Here I am providing you the eligibility to appear for NEET examination. Go through it carefully and I hope after reading this you will get the answer of your query:

> Candidates should have completed their 12th standard with PCB/Biotechnology and English with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.

> The marks required for reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) is 40%.

> The minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum age till this year is 25 years.

> SC/ST/OBC candidates can apply till the age of 30 years.
26th June 2017, 06:27 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

No, she cannot apply for the examination, the criteria is such that any candidate willing to appear for NEET, should have attained the minimum age of 17 years at the time of applying.

Therefore, I would suggest you to ask your daughter to prepare really well for the examination and then she can apply for the above mentioned examination when she has attained the minimum age mentioned above.
26th June 2017, 12:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The minimum age to appear in NEET is 17 or my daughter will be 17 till 31st December but as my ward DOB is 19 December 2001. Can she appear in next year NEET, but she will not cross 17 till counseling. Is she will qualify the counseling?
Yes, she is eligible for NEET counseling.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam 2017. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
27th June 2017, 05:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, she (your daughter ) will be eligible to appear for NEET examination next year.NEET examination is conducted for admission in medical courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with PCB as main paper.

The age limit to appear for examination is 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination is 50% in PCB.

For more information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
27th June 2017, 11:29 PM
Vaishali@1998

Hlo
The age of your daughter is less and small according to eligibility criteria set by CBSE. The eligibility criteria for NEET is that the age of candidate should be 17 to 25 years. The candidate does not follow this eligibility criteria is not allowed to appear in exam The other criteria is that the candidate must score 50% in PCB with english in 12 class from a recognized board.
31st July 2017, 10:05 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for NEET-

A candidate must be 12rh passed with minimum 50% of marks.

A candidate must have physics, chemistry and biology as the main subjects in class 12th.

A candidate must have minimum 17 years of age and maximum 26 years of age.

Your daughter is eligible for NEET- exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?