22nd March 2018, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Does colleges prefer CBSE students over MP Board students?

Hello, I am studying 12th from MP Board with Science stream. I have heard that colleges prefer CBSE more than MP Board. So, is there any difficulty for studying with MP Board?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better CBSE or GBSE? Why CBSE syllabus is taught in GBSE?
  2. Why most students prefer CBSE over another other board?
  3. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and GSEB Boards for 7th and 3rd students?
  4. Should I continue in CBSE board or state board?
  5. CBSE students admission to medical colleges in Tamil Nadu?
  6. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  7. Unfair treatment with CBSE students at the time of examination
  8. Which Board is better to study 12th in between GSEB and CBSE? Is there any difficulty to appear in GUJCET for CBSE students?
  9. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  10. Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board from CBSE Board in Higher Secondary to get admission in B.Tech course? Number of seats reserved for CBSE students in B.Tech colleges of Gujarat?
  11. Which board is better for making career in engineering among CBSE and Gujarat board?
  12. Procedure for NRI students to take admission in MBBS Medical Colleges in India?
  13. Is it true that state syllabus is better than CBSE?
  14. What will be the problems faced in future after passing 12th from open school and have studied ICSE syllabus till 10th?
  15. What is the criteria for CBSE students for admission in engineering in Gujarat State?
  16. Reservation for seats for CBSE students in Gujarat for Engineering?
  17. Is it better to change board from CBSE to State board of Gujarat?
  18. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
28th April 2018, 02:39 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does colleges prefer CBSE students over MP Board students?

Look, there is nothing like that any of the Board is more preferred for higher studies in college. Everything depends upon your marks scored in the last qualifying examination and the performance of your academic career.
Board does not matter at all at the time time of admission to any college.
You must have to satisfy the criteria, the minimum percentage of marks scored in the examination of the respective college at the time of admission in order to study the said course from there.
29th April 2018, 02:43 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Does colleges prefer CBSE students over MP Board students?

That's not true. In order to grant admission, most colleges prefer candidates with good percentage in their 12th standard examination rather than the board from which they belong. The only edge of CBSE board over State boards is that CBSE is a central board and its syllabus is followed by many entrance level examination in various sector. So, rest assure that there will not be any problem in taking admission into college after completing 12th standard from MP board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?