22nd August 2016, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams details to get into IIT after 10th?

Sir/mam, I am a student of class 10. I wanna to know, does IIT hold any examination to get admission in IIT. I'm totally perplexed about it. Please help me,by guiding me. Pls answer soon

23rd August 2016, 04:08 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Entrance exams details to get into IIT after 10th?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. It is best institute for studying engineering course in India.
IIT provide admission on the basis of rank in JEE Advance.
JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. CBSE conducts JEE examination each year.
The students who have passed or appearing in 12th board examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized board only can appear in JEE examination.

First of all students need to qualify JEE Mains examination to become eligible to appear in JEE Advance examination for admission in IIT.
Also, students have to score more than 82% in CBSE 12th board examination to appear in JEE Advance along with qualifying marks in JEE Mains.

There is no such examination conducted for admission in any IIT course after 10th. You have to fulfill the above mentioned criteria to get admission in IIT.
23rd August 2016, 08:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in IIT, you should have to pursue your 11th and 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board after completion of your 10th standard and you need to appear in JEE Main and JEE Advanced examination. If you qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. By qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies.
23rd August 2016, 09:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in IIT candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE. JEE is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

The examination for Main stage is conducted by CBSE while for Advanced stage it is conducted by IIT.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper.

Candidate's after qualifying in Main are eligible for Advanced stage. So, you have to qualify in the examination for selection in IIT. For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
23rd August 2016, 11:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and these are the best government engineering colleges in India.

For getting admission in IIT, you need to clear qualify both stages of JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held by CBSE once every year. JEE is organised in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> For appearing in JEE Main you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCM group with a minimum of 45% aggregate ( in case of reserved category 40% ) from a recognized board. Final year students are also eligible.

--> For JEE Advanced, you need to qualify JEE Main along with the aggregate in the board examination that keeps you within the top 20 percentile candidate of your respective board. In case if you manages to secure 75% aggregate in your board examination then also you are eligible.

So, for getting admission in IIT being a Class 10th student you first must complete your higher secondary school degree and then qualify JEE.

For further details regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in and for JEE Advanced you can refer to the link www.jeeadv.ac.in.
23rd August 2016, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/mam, I am a student of class 10. I wanna to know, does IIT hold any examination to get admission in IIT. I'm totally perplexed about it. Please help me,by guiding me. Pls answer soon
After completion of 12th standard, you can get admission IIT. 10th standard candidates are not eligible for IIT entrance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?