13th September 2015, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

How can one apply for domicile of Maharashtra state?

My daughter is born in Mumbai but have done her schooling from Abu dhabi. She is now in grade 10th. She wants to pursue higher studies from mumbai. We own a property too in mumbai. Can my daughter be a domicile of Maharashtra? What is the procedure to get the domicile certificate?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for CPMT & other PMT in states other than Maharashtra with Maharashtra Domicile?
  2. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  3. Can a candidate having domicile of Maharashtra appear in common entrance exam of Assam?
  4. Whether I will be considered a Maharashtra State Candidate for MH CET engineering exam?
  5. Can I apply for MHT-CET having passed 10th class from Maharashtra and 12th class from outside Maharashtra having Domicile certificate of Maharashtra?
  6. Is domicile certificate required in Maharashtra State Govt Service? I'm from Madhya Pradesh and Not having domicile certificate of Maharashtra
  7. What should I do to get a domicile certificate of Maharashtra?
  8. What all documents are required to get a domicile certificate of Maharashtra State? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I've been residing in Maharashtra for over 40 years
  10. How may I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I'm not living in Maharashtra and neither having schooling from Maharashtra
  11. Can I avail reservation of Maharashtra State if I am born here?
  12. Will I get Maharashtra domicile if I have done my schooling from outside Maharashtra?
  13. What is the eligibility for MBA CET in Maharashtra?
  14. How to get domicile certificate of person born in the state of Maharashtra?
  15. Can I apply for MHT CET if I am not a domicile or 12th passed student of Maharashtra?
  16. Fee stucture of maharashtra state pg dental, is it only for Maharashtra Domicile?
  17. Is domicile certificate necessary to apply for SSC examination of Maharashtra Board privately?
  18. Eligibility criteria to apply for MHT-CET for MBA/MMS courses?
13th September 2015, 10:17 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can one apply for domicile of Maharashtra state?

Yes, she can be a domicile of Maharashtra and pursue her higher studies in Mumbai. There will not be much problem in getting domicile of Maharashtra since you own a property. It will be easier if you stay in Maharashtra. You need to approach the civil authorities for domicile certificate. You can approach President of Panchayat or Block Development Officer (BDO) or District Magistrate or higher authorities to get your daughter's domicile certificate. They might ask for residential certificate/ration card/aadhar card.
14th September 2015, 09:30 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Your daughter needs to show that she is a citizen of India. She also needs to provide information that she stays in the state of Maharashtra.
You must also show the details of the property that you own and you must contact the Ward Councilor for the Domicile Certificate.
The Ward Councilor is the easiest to reach out to among those authorized to issue the Domicile Certificate.
18th October 2016, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

my Son is Goa born can I get his Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra as he have completed his school from Jr KG 2005 TO 10Th 2016 in bhayander. Resident proof is from 2010 T0 2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?