27th July 2018, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th BSEB Improvement exam?

Sir, last year I have secured 70% marks in 12th BSEB. Then I have applied for Improvement exam. Last year I have also applied for JEE Main. Now again I want to apply for JEE Main. But I want to know that what limit of attempting I have remain for JEE Main?

30th July 2018, 09:37 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th BSEB Improvement exam?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination which is held for admission in undergraduate technical degree course across any CFTIs (Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology) like IITs, NITs, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

The same examination is organized in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Further, the maximum attempts allowed for appearing in JEE Main while the number of attempts allowed for JEE Advanced is two and these attempts begins from the JEE that is conducted in the year in which the student completed his/her Class 12th.

So, having appeared in your Class 12th last year as well as appearing in JEE Main the number of attempts left with your for qualifying JEE Main is two including the JEE Main of this year i.e; JEE Main 2018.

For more FAQs regarding JEE Main eligibility, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
31st July 2018, 12:56 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th BSEB Improvement exam?

Including the attempt you appear with the 12th standard, you can appear in the JEE total 3 times.

So, since you have given the JEE once, you can appear in the exam 2 more times.
31st July 2018, 01:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination. Till 2018, it was conducted once every year by CBSE.

Candidates have three consecutive chances for JEE Main. For example if you have appeared for 12th exam in 2017 then you can appear for JEE Main in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

In 2019, it will be conducted twice by National Testing Agency.
31st July 2018, 02:41 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

In last year means, you appeared for board exam in 2017, then you can apply for Joint Entrance exam in 2019 only.

There are three attempts for JEE Main and two for Advanced, including year in which you appeared for board exam.
1st August 2018, 12:06 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

There are three attempts for JEE Main and two attempts for JEE Advanced. You have one attempt left for JEE Main in 2019.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?